I was FIXIN' to...

Y'all do know what that phrase fixin' to means, right? It means:

Announcement, I am about to gear up into action so watch out and get out of my way...

So I was fixin' to cry on your shoulders and ask for prayer and tell you that my world had just exploded into tiny little pieces because my beloved doesn't want me and doesn't want to marry me. Sigh... But, then I decided that God's Will be done and God always, always , always, always turns the bad into something wonderful for those who love Him. So... I decided I wanted to make you smile, instead :)
I think, I now have a smattering of an understanding of Jeremiah 22:10

Weep not for the dead, nor moan for him; weep bitterly for him who goes away, for he shall return no more, nor see his homeland.

I know what you are thinking...

Gina! This post and the pictures don't match! Well, of course they don't match because within myself I am so conflicted. I am at wonderful peace and I can laugh about so many wonderful things. But, I am crying at the same time. Now... how can that possibly go together in a perfectly blended picture?

It can't. Therefore I laugh and I weep for him who has gone away. It was his choice. I must deal with it and I know that whatever happens, God will make it good.






















Are you smiling yet? Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Patti said...

Gina,
I know that feeling. Not your circumstances. The fact is God's peace can be present in the worst circumstances. I will pray for your heart to heal. It is good that you know God's love and mercy.

Patti said...

Gina,
I know that feeling. Not your circumstances. The fact is God's peace can be present in the worst circumstances. I will pray for your heart to heal. It is good that you know God's love and mercy.

Patti said...

Gina,
I know that feeling. Not your circumstances. The fact is God's peace can be present in the worst circumstances. I will pray for your heart to heal. It is good that you know God's love and mercy.

David Meigs said...

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

I’m sorry to hear about the heartache. May the Lord give you the peace that passes all understanding.

Pilot Mom said...

(((Hugs))) Gina! I'm so sorry to hear this. Yet, I'm so encouraged by your response. When we actually put into practice what God has been telling us to do, wonderful things DO happen, even in the midst of our sorrow.

Blessings to you dear Sister!!

RULookingup said...

Gina.. with the Lord's coming so close... He will comfort you much better in His arms than any of us men could ever do... Russ Upton (from studylight blogging)

Anonymous said...

You go sister! I know you are hurting, but I also know the strength you have in Christ. His joy is our strength.

You know I will continue to keep you in prayer and be here for you, as scattered brain as I am with my kids interrupting our conversations...LOL!

I love you dearly my sweet sis, Julianne

PS How cool is it to see Russ on here??? What a sweet blessing!

HeyJules said...

I am so sorry to hear things did not work out between the two of you! Darn it! I was really pulling for you to finally have your little acre of happiness.

I'll smile but only cause you asked me to...

{{{hugs}}}}

Refreshment in Refuge said...

I really am okay! I've been through this sort of thing twice before and for some reason, I can see God working and it gets easier. I draw closer to Him and life gets harder... that's the way it is. However, God is telling me that He is in control, to wait and stay close to Him and let Him take care of it. He has work for me to do.... I am truly excited about that, too. So, I will wait and He will make it better.

Valerie said...

I am comforted just knowing that you are "okay" - but I shall keep you in my prayers as you go through the sadness.

M. C. Pearson said...

Gosh, I totally understand about inner conflict. I am ecstatically happy with my hubby and kids but I am horribly upset with my parents. Ah, well...God blesses through our tribulations, eh?

I'll be praying for you. Keep the joy, friend!