Bruin Sunset




This is the Road to Yucatan. Lake Yucatan is over the levy and through the woods and about 8 miles from my home. Sometimes in the Spring, the Mississippi River floods this area and the water can get as deep as 10 to 15 feet deep. I painted this picture in 2001 right after I came home to lick my wounds of divorce.

My advice is to never think you know someone no matter how long you've known them on the internet.

This is Lake Bruin outside the front door of my parents' camp which we no longer have. After Dad got cancer, I could no longer maintain the place and Mom certainly couldn't... but, we have pictures and the paintings I've done
like this one and Bruin Sunset above which I did June, 2005.

This is what I love to do.


4 comments:

EXSENO said...

Your pictures are lovely. I especially like the first one, it's very soothing.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thank you, exseno! I appreciate that so much.

Anonymous said...

Did I mention I love pics? Especially of the beautiful land and art the Lord created. Thomas Kinkade is an all-time fave of course - love "lights." ;-)

later mumsy Gina,
Richard 8)

Kim said...

Gina, you are a remarkable artist! I am truly impressed. I'm so sorry to hear about the divorce and about your father. (((hugs)))