Have you ever...


...noticed how we have a tendency to push the envelope until all the contents come flying out, fluttering around us in an untidy heap? Sometimes we get so busy, we don't listen. We try to gather up all the scattered pieces and then we continue to stuff more into the envelope! Why is that?

Last April, I was in tears because I had so much in my envelope that I didn't put there, but I was still juggling and arranging and putting in order so that I might have some time to do Gina things. You know, those things that are so satisfying and only mean something to just yourself. Then in the summer I took some classes which jammed my envelope so full that there was no way to seal it. But, the difference was, I put everything in that envelope by my choice and all by myself. It was a choice to do it and I did it.

Now, I'm coming to a point in a couple of months where I'll be finished with school and still God has not broken the egg of enlightenment over my head about what He desires me to do with the rest of my life.

I prayed and prayed that He would reveal to me what He wants me to do. In the mean time, while waiting for the Light to burst forth on my road to Damascus, I was asked to speak at an Envangelism Ministry Conference about grants and what to do to get ready to write a grant. I called it "Show Me The Money". That was in April. I made sure I got plenty of business cards and information from the folks there about their ministries and how to get in touch with them.

Then I prayed some more about what He wanted me to do. In the mean time, I went to summer school and learned about American Government, computers and American History, took my Mom to see her sisters, went on an astounding trip to OK City and experienced the deeply moving Federal Building Memorial and Bricktown paid for by grants and contributions. I prayed some more about what God wants me to do.

Then this fall, I'm taking Criminal Justice Ethics, Research Methods, Juvenile Delinquency and White Collar Crime in America. This gives me enough credits to have a Sociology degree. While studying for a test I got a phone call from a precious young woman who had started a ministry for women in central Louisiana. She needs me to write a grant, or maybe several grants, for this ministry. I met her last April at the conference. Since then I have been coaching her at what kind of information I need her to gather and how she needs to put her goals on paper so we can get this grant(s) written.

I prayed again last night for God to share His goals for my life with me. When do you think He'll answer my prayer?

7 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Hmmm...maybe He is answering...go for the sociology degree and continue with the grants until He directs you to stop. Meanwhile, continue to pray...

I prayed for direction for you last night. I'll continue to pray...

Anonymous said...

I have a big smile on my face....you know why?

God has answered your prayer...however you are too busy to see it.

I make the same mistake...God has to wack me with a 2x4 to even see that He answered...and there I am already in the midst of the ministry I had been praying to Him to show me.

Go over your post...then find the theme running trough it...the answer is there...you just need some perspective. Get some distance from the trees...and you will see the forest.

Your Servant in Christ

St Jeremiah

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Excellent Jer, you got it!

So many times we are so caught up in the things we want to do or the things we think we want to do that we are blind to the still small voice!

I got it a long time ago, but I didn't want to hear it. I wanted to write fiction and I may still get to write it, but I know God wants me to write grants. Because this is what He wants me to do, He will send me the people He wants to use me and He will provide my needs. It isn't glamorous and it won't make me rich. But, how can those things compare to being within the will of God?

Anonymous said...

Nothing is more joyful than being in God's will. But what we do is say to our Father...this is what I want done...please bless it. When He says "no" we go off in a huff and complain that God has not revealed what His will is. Like the hymn says "Trust and obey...for there is not other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey."

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Amen! Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word. How often we keep looking past His word and missing the huge blessing He is offering us if we'll only sit still, know that He is God and remain in His will. That is a huge lesson that took me years to learn in my heart. I had the head knowledge. Just didn't want to bend my stiff neck, so to speak.

Anonymous said...

hi, gina.

when we pray, He answers. when we seek His will, He'll gladly show us what they are.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7


God bless you.

http://myblog2002.blogspot.com

EXSENO said...

I think maybe he is waiting for you to figure out what you want to do Gina. After all he does give us free will, then he watches to see what we do with it.