Best cake ever

In honor of the Holidays, I dug up this recipe again and am re-posting it. I hope you enjoy :)

Hey everybody,

I wanted to share this favorite recipe of mine. I've had it for years and years and it never fails

BEST RUM CAKE EVER
Ingredients
1 or 2 quarts rum
3 cups flour
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 cup dried fruit
1 teaspoon soda
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup nuts

Before you start - sample the rum to check for quality. Good - isn't it?
Now go ahead.
Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc.
Check the rum again. It must be just right.
To be sure rum is of the highest quality, pour one level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.
With an electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make sure that the rum is of the quinest fality. Cry another tup.
Open second quart if necessary. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 cups fried druit and beat till high. If druit get stuck in beater, just pry loose with a drewscriver.
Sample the rum again, checking for tonscisticity.
Next, sift 3 cups of peper or salt (it really doesn't matter). Sample the rum again.
Sift 1/2 pint of lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add a babblespoon of brown thugar, or whatever color you can find. Wix mell.
Grease oven and turn cake pan to 350 gredees. Now pour the whole mess into the cover and toss toward open hole and akeb.
Check the rum again, and bo to ged.

to make my cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. I am NOT advocating drinking. But this is just so halarious!

9 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

I don't know....maybe you need more than 2 quarts of rum...I mean, you want to be SURE it's of the highest quality.

Too funny, Gina! I'm going to link to it, if you don't mind.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

and the tonscisticity has to be just right, too

Great, Claire, you can link anytime! :)

Pilot Mom said...

Gina, I've got you listed in my sidebar but when I click on it my own blog keeps coming up. *ACK* I keep going in and checking it on the template and it looks just like all the rest (which they all work). Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I am so computer illiterate, it's pathetic. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Pilot Mom said...

Well, as long as you click on it from my sight and it gets you there then it must be right. I don't know what's messed up for me. All the other ones work. So that's good to know it DOES work! Thanks for checking it out! :)

Valerie said...

I fried this lecipe. Exchelent schtuff.

Anonymous said...

Hardeee, har...har!

Here is another one in the same vein;

A preacher was raving about the evils of alcohol and said;

We ought to take all the beer barrels to the river and smah them open and dump them in the river.

The congregation shouted "Amen!"

We ought to take all the bourbon and whisky down to the river, smash open their barrels and dump them in the river!

The congregation shouted "Amen!"

The preacher turned the service over to the song leader for the closing song.

Open you hymnals and we shall sing "Shall we gather at the river."

Refreshment in Refuge said...

What a hoot, Jer! rofl

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina,thank`s for that recipe-it`s hilarious! But I better don`t try this one out-Rum or any Alcohol for that matter and I are not on friendly grounds.peter

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Exactly, Peter. Alcohol and I do not get along, either. As I said, I'm not at all advocating consuming alcoholic beverages. Perhaps we could look at this as what happens when we over indulge!