Arise and shine for the light has come

I love that verse found in Isaiah 60:1. I use it all year round, but at this time of year it reminds us that God is faithful and always fulfills His promises.

Isn't it interesting that God wrote this in the past tense? To Isaiah, it was as if the Light had already come when it would be centuries before Christ would be born. I love it when God talks in the past tense because it makes it so done-dealish. It's a fact, Jack. No questions, Sessions. Isaiah already had his Messiah, the time/space continuum just hadn't caught up with God, yet.

So, I hold on to this verse all year, because it is an assurance to me that God is who He says He is, and God has done what He said He would do. Since God is so very consistent and constant, this is the assurance that all the rest of prophecy will come about just as it was foretold and is written.

7 comments:

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

Thank you for this enriching piece.
Truly it blessed my soul.

Isaiah is one of my favorite books in the Holy Bible and has been since my days in Christian baby land.

I love your term "done-dealish."

Refreshment in Refuge said...

:) Hugs, Sandra!

Sophia Katt said...

Or maybe Frank Lockwood, religion editor at the Arkansas Gazette, has a more pertinent take on the issue:

http://biblebeltblogger.com/index.php/religion/nevermind-j-what-would-r-do

Just think about it?

Refreshment in Refuge said...

I think \ your comment was from my column on EverydayChristian.com...

However, I wasn't comparing Obama to Jesus, nor did I lambast the Pres for saying the motto was E Pluribus Unum. I was lamenting how terrible our education system is that students are not learning correct history, but rewritten history; and they are not learning correct information.

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

I need you to please weigh in on a topic that I posted today, Sunday December 12, 2010. The topic is "MY EXPERIENCES WITH THE ORIGINAL KING JAMES BIBLE."

Your insights are of deep value to me. Please indulge. Thank you, Gina.

www.lioneaglesoar.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Like that very much Gina,I think that especially now at Christmas Time this verse can open many doors to share the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ who Himself is that Light spoken of. peter

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Hi Sandra, Of course I will! But, please give me a little time. My son-in-law has pancreatitus (severe inflammation of the pancreas) I'm going to be with my daughter. Hopefully I'll have time to go to your blog first thing in the morning!
Hugs!

Peter! That's exactly what I was thinking :D