NaNoWiMo


No, it's not Mork and Mindy month. It's the National Novel Writing Month. I signed up to be reminded several months ago and voila I received an email that it is time to sign up. I became intrigued with this while I was doing some research about writing. How exhausting this is going to be. But, how rewarding it will be on the other side!

Since I don't have an agent, nor do I have a contract, what better way to light a shuck under me than to enter this contest. So, I'm asking for your prayers. I'm asking that I might know God's will beyond any doubt by this contest. Actually, it isn't a contest. It is more like an event for writers. I will...

Write like crazy for thirty days. If you write 50,000 words of fiction by
midnight, local time, November 30th, you will be added to our hallowed Winner’s
Page, and receive a handsome winner’s certificate and web icon. The adding of
your name to the Honor Roll of Winners requires that you send in a version of
your novel in text format (scrambled for security) to our site to be counted.


Some authors have gotten book deals from this event, others have fine tuned their writing skills and still others found out that writing just wasn't what they wanted to do with their life. I have so much on my plate right now and this is a scary commitment for me. We'll see what God has in store.

I invite you to do the same. If you've had a story idea rolling around in your head or if you just want to see what others are doing, the pitfalls, the crying, the screaming... what we writers go through then come join the fun. It will be a creative frenzy!

8 comments:

Kim said...

This sounds like a great adventure! I will certainly remember you in my prayers. GOOD LUCK :).

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thank you, Kim! I truly appreciate it.

Corry said...

Gina, I have every confidence in you!
May God bless you.

God's Grace.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Corry, THANK you! I love your new pic!

Pilot Mom said...

Gina, what a marvelous opportunity for you. I'll be praying for you.

EXSENO said...

You've got my prayers Gina. Let us know how it gos.

Corry said...

Gina, thanks:-)

I would love to write a book about RA experiences sometime. I think I will stick to my blog though haha.

God bless you.

God's Grace.

HeyJules said...

I'm with ya, girl...signed up on Saturday! It IS really scary but what have we got to lose?