Doing What I Can't


I really needed what I was reading this morning in my notes. I have been trying to do everything by myself because God gave me those abilities. Those things that I can do in an most excellent way such as reading and doing my school work. Writing my school papers. Studying my Sunday School lesson so I can teach on Sunday. But... when things get piled up so high that I can't see over them, can't see around them, can't see under them and I just can't go through them, suddenly I realize I need God's help.

Well... Beth Moore had some words of encouragement for me today and remember, I wrote this down last April 12, 2005. Just writing it down does not mean that we will retain if forever...

I am not stuck with permanent flaws. I have the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23). I must use this fruit and exercise in this fruit. We are called to exclamation mark living! I must strive toward His working His works in me. I can't do a great work in myself. I do not have the strength. But He does and He promised to do this, so there is no struggle with His energy in me. God reveals this through His Spirit just as He bestows gifts through His Spirit. What makes me think that fulfilling what God has called me to do won't cost me anything?

Just as God provided all that was needed to build the Tabernacle, He provides all that is needed to act beyond my capabilities. Selah.


2Co 1:8 For, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant as to our affliction having happened to us in Asia, that we were excessively burdened beyond our power, so as for us even to despair of living. 9 But we ourselves have the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust on ourselves, but on God, the One raising the dead
With power like that, who can defeat us? With power like that, how can we fail? Father, help us to wake up with You on our minds and to always ask You to manage our time and to help us use Your energy in us. Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice prayer, gina. God would love to do that for us. i'll pray that prayer too. =)


http://myblog2002.blogspot.com

Corry said...

God, help us to use Your energy in a positive way, to be a good testimony of your Love and Grace. To be the salt of the earth and a light to the world.

Thank you for this post, Gina:-)

God's Grace.

wellis68 said...

We're made to use our gifts but we're made to live in harmony with God... this doesn't just mean not doing bad or not stressing out, it's going the extra mile and living completely with God with our whole life.

"what does the LORD require of you but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Great post! thank you.