What joy fills my soul

I'm looking at the calendar and was thinking that I had another 2 weeks until Christmas. So I'm not so worried about being behind on Christmas gifts. ARGH! Christmas is one week from today. Stress level hit the red zone.

All you can do is all you can do and that is a fact of physics. Only God can step in and make things happen so that time seems to stand still while you're running at top speed... you know, like the episode of StarTrek with the buzzing bee sounds. Life sped up to past light speed.

That is what happened on Sunday. We made an offer on a house and while we were waiting for our most darling real estate agent to call back to meet us at her office, we were wandering through some shops. My eyes just fell on some things and a name would pop in my head. I'll have you know that I got all my Christmas shopping done in less than two hours. That, my brothers and sisters is a miracle!

So... back to the offer on the house. We bounced some figures back and forth and being twice shy, I was all for offering lower than the asking price but more than the rock bottom our agent mentioned. Mom stuck to her guns and we offered the rock bottom giving them until 5 today. They accepted the offer without any negotiations. Is that cool or what???

We spent most of the afternoon signing pre-mortgage papers. There are some issues that my crook of an ex husband caused years ago that I thought were cleared up. It is so incredibly depressing that the black cloud keeps following me even 11 years later. I doubt I'll ever get out from under that cloud.

Anyhoot... the new job is just Jolly Good. I am in love with Picayune, MS. I highly recommend this place. It's close enough to big city without the big city crime and big city traffic. I love the people. I love the job. I adore the folks I work with. I've already been invited to two churches--that is truly a cool place to work when you have co-workers inviting you to church. I am thrilled and delighted. Mom loves the place, too.

We both cried the other day thinking about leaving our church home in Louisiana, but when the Lord sets you on a path, you just can't say no. I am just aching to get back into a church home. I feel the loss more than any other stress factor. I cannot imagine not having a church family. How do people do it? How do people live without a church family or a close fellowship with the Lord? I am so thankful that God is preparing a new home for us and He has already prepared His work for us to do. Praise God from whom all blessings flow... AMEN

10 comments:

Corry said...

Amen!

hugs dear sister!

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Wait, wait ... you got all your Christmas shopping done and bought a house all in one Sunday afternoon?

Isn't God marvelous??!! (Yeah, yeah, you already said that, but I'm right there with ya!) (Or "ya'll" for those of you in Mississippi and Louisiana.)

EXSENO said...

I hope you find your house Gina.

Anonymous said...

What lovely news about the house Miss Gina, that is an answer to prayer. May the Lord clear up the credit mess your husband has left. I relate to that one. I am praying the same thing in my life. I have tried to be so careful to never spend what I don't have and to even use that wisely as all things are from the hand of God.

I do pray that you and your mum find the right place to fellowship and quickly grow together there with the body, so that you have that family network you need to sustain you in Him.

I sent a holiday greeting to you via your LA address, I hope you still get it!

I love you sis and continue to think of you, Julianne

Author Sue Dent said...

Okay, you!!!! LOL Bonnie tells me you told her to tell me that you posted a review of Never Ceese in the World Famous (or at least state famous) Picayune Item. I've found the Picayune Item on-line. When will it run? Has it already run? Did I miss it? Can I see it? And yes, Christmas is :O Monday!!! Yikes, now I must go Christmas shopping. Enjoy your new house!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing and an encouragement! God literally surrounds us, with His everlasting kindness and goodness!

He goes before us and "prepares the way"! WOW!

Merry (Merry, indeed)Christmas to you and yours...:)

Anonymous said...

God is wonderful. He always works things out. I will keep you in my prayers, God will lead you to the right home.
Have a Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, my friend! I hope the stress level is lower, and you're discovering new joys in your new home!

EXSENO said...

I'm so happy for you Gina. It all sounds good, maybe you are suppose to be there for more reasons then work. My love and prayers go with you and your Mom.

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS)))

this 2007, may you be blessed more, dear friend.

happy new year! =)