Satan's Ploys

Let me just say that Satan is truly playing havoc in my life right now. I attribute it to Satan because God warned me this morning at 5:39 AM this is what would happen. Satan is trying to find a chink in the Whole Armor of God.

First thing he does is sit on my shoulder and whisper out right lies into my ear. I know they are lies, but there's just enough truth there ... and that is enough to get the mind working in top gear going through the

Wounded Pride, Poor Me, Woe Is Me, How Dare He Do That Cycle... When there isn't a shred of truth in any of it but of course there is a problem in a different angle... so long as Satan has me in that washer cycle going round and round, I'm not praying about the true problem and Satan wins.

Well, he's not going to win this one. God.

Let me say that another way. Satan can't win because God.

If I do not allow Satan the power to spin a web, then he cannot immobilize me because God.

That is personalized. God and I, me and God, together make a perfect combo and that is the most healthy relationship possible. I must remember that God is the force, not me. Without Him, I am nothing.

It still doesn't stop the pain right away. It doesn't help the heart ache. But, that too will pass. As I was telling my dear friend just a moment ago. The day of Joy will be the day that Jesus holds out His hand to me saying, "Shall we dance?" Boy OH Boy! That will be the joyous day. Come, Lord Jesus, Come... I am weary of this world.

8 comments:

Patti said...

I can hear your pain. There are days like that for me. Then there are days that are just fine. Can't understand them. But I do know God is faithful. I know he will be faithful to you.

Valerie said...

A very powerful post, Gina. I shall keep you in my prayers.

Corry said...

Oh that awful cycle! I think however knowing and admitting our weakness makes us strong and better equiped to stand up to it. But we can not do it alone. How wonderful to know God is always there to help and sustain us. :-)

God's Grace.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

It is friends and sisters in Christ like you guys that make it all better... words of encouragement like these make me feel kissed by God!

Nappily Evah Aftah said...

Beguilement — it's one of satan's greatest tools. He used it on Eve. He told her if she ate of the tree, she would have the knowledge of both good, and evil. Was that the truth? Sure it was. But the greater truth was that God never intended for mankind to know both good, and evil — just good. She was tricked, and came to the wrong conclusions.

Satan will whisper lies, mixed with just enough of truth, which leads us to the wrong conclusions about God, ourselves, our situation and life in general. It can be more deadly than an outright lie. Satan is a crafty, devilish, cruel being.

Hang in there. Life is full of landmines, and the water gets real deep. But God promises that the waves will not overtake us. We will not drown. The waves call Him, "Master". They will obey.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

That is a most excellent point, my dear sister whom I wished I knew your name! Ah well, you have a huge understanding of God and His ways and you bless me. That is enough :)

Nappily Evah Aftah said...

Gina,

It's me, "Tracey" from "Nappily Evah Aftah" (my site), aka "A Nappy Girl".

No, I don't have a huge understanding of God (He's too...awesome for me.), but I'm learning about how He works in the world and I'm learning how the enemy of our soul works to defeat us.

Praise God that he used me to encourage you — God is good. All the time.

:)

Refreshment in Refuge said...

TRACEY... okay ;) Yes, I knew who you are but didn't know your name and now I do. Please forgive me if you have signed your name and I didn't pick up on it.