I am intensely jealous

I am not envious. I am intensely jealous. There is a distinction, there.

Being envious means that you want what someone else has and really don't care that you would be depriving them of it while you acquire it. Being jealous means that you either want something like it or you are guarding it so the wicked won't steal it.

I am jealous because this morning a sweet and dear friend got to hug my beloved Jesus and to hug my daddy.

I've forgotten where I heard this story (or read it) so I can't give any credit for it where credit is due, I am sorry...

A missionary and his wife had spent all their years in service to the Lord in a very dangerous situation. Always walking on egg shells lest they say something that would land them in prison or get them beheaded... but, ever so carefully they witnessed for Jesus, guiding others to the cross so they, too, might enjoy the Joy beyond that dear sacrifice.

After years and years of service, they finally were able to retire. They got on plane after plane to make it home and wound up in an airport in New York stepping foot on American soil for the first time in several years. On the same plane was a fellow who had won a medal of some kind. The press were estatic to see him, fawned all over him, asking questions, camera lights flashing and he was carried out to a parade. People lined the streets cheering him as he was carried down the street.

The missionary put hands on hips and grumped. All the while they were finding a place to live he grumped. Finally, after several weeks, his wife said, "What is the matter with you?"

"After all the years we sacrificed and worked for the Lord, there wasn't even one person there at the airport to welcome us home. Not one person to cheer us for all the work we did. I just can't get over that!"

"Well, go talk to God about it. Tell Him how you feel, because He knows already. Just talk to Him."

"All right. I will."

The next morning, "Well, what did He say?"

Sheepishly, the missionary grinned at his wife, "Well, hon, He said that we aren't home yet."


.oOo.


I know that my dear friend got a ticker tape parade. I know that Jesus was so very glad to see him. I know that he has no more tears, no more pain (he was in very severe pain from the cancer). I know that he has a huge smile on his face and that he is rejoicing with friends and family that went on before him. I want that, too. Life is so much better there than here. But, I must endure the pelting rain for a while longer.

 Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Laurie said...

While we wait for Him to take us home in His time...it's good to worship. :)

http://server.firefighters.org/worship/02-04.mp3

I love you sis!
Laurie

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Hugs to you Laurie! That is just the exact song I needed this morning! How wonderful! Thank you, you sweet covered in chocolate syrup thang you :D

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your missing your friend. However, I am blessed God has kept you here to endure the pelting rain a while longer as a dear prayer partner. Selfishly, I need you sister!

Sending you a sisterly hug, Julianne

Laurie said...

"Ditto" to what Juli say's!! :D

Refreshment in Refuge said...

I'm a Sonbeam :)

Words cannot express how lovely are the two of you...

Lest anyone think differently I want to make it clear that I yearn and long for the Joy beyond this life, but I am quite satisfied with what God has given me to do here.

It is very difficult to understand why the heartaches prevail here until I think about how MUCH I appreciate something when it is either taken away or the threat of it being taken away occurs. So too with Heaven. Compared to the things of this world, Heaven is so far above rubies that there is no price to consider its worth.

How can one appreciate beauty if there is no ugliness to compare? Beauty compared to beauty is still beauty... but, how does one know it is beautiful?

Anonymous said...

AMEN! You and Laurie have been such sweet gifts from the Father. Samantha too has been precious, but I have yet to know her as intimately as I have grown to know the two of you.

I agree. The more pain I have endured, the more beautiful Christ. The more I long to cling to His feet and weep in utter awe at how great His love is to me.

I long to see all of us worshipping the Lord in His presence someday! Won't that be the most awesome day? Just to fall down at His feet and behold His face. Just to be so completely absorbed by Him and nothing else!

Ohhhh I too am jealous!!!

Valerie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Gina. I know how you feel about life being better in the next world than in this one - and I am SO looking forward to getting there. It will be there that you and I shall finally meet!!!

Kim said...

I'm sorry you lost you friend, if for a little while. Hugs to you.