Women falling away from religion?

My first thought was, "Well, I got tired of being the spiritual leader in the home, so it stands to reason that most of the Christian women in America got tired, too."

Then I went to the actual survey results page on Barna: http://www.barna.org/faith-spirituality/508-20-years-of-surveys-show-key-differences-in-the-faith-of-americas-men-and-women and I was surprised to note that this was just a "new analysis of surveys done by Barna. I would really like to see the methodology and the original surveys that were newly analyzed.

Yes, church attendance is down.
Yes, there are fewer baptisms.
Most likely there are fewer parents attending with children. This would definitely impact the thought processes of children twenty years later in today's society.

I'm going to do some more research on this because I feel it is a survey that needs more study before concluding there are fewer women believers today than twenty years ago, except for those women who have gone on to be with Jesus. That would mean the belief factor would be stagnant which isn't true at all.

No comments: