Fruit of the Spirit

I'm working on chara that's Joy. It is amazing how many times joy comes up in Scripture.


Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, self-control. Against such things there is not a law.

While I'm working on that one... when was the last time you read Psalm 119? Did you realize that almost ever single verse in that chapter makes reference to God's word? Precepts... statutes... testimonies... word... law... commandments...

There is such an interesting warning in Revelation. If any do not listen to the Word, or try to add to it or to take away from it, then God will remove that person from the Book of Life. Shivers.

5 comments:

David Meigs said...

The Law of the Lord. Hmm, the last time I read Psalm 119 was almost a year ago... I think.

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay missy....you had me at the beginning!! I'll be reading Psalm 119!! Shiver's is right!! And thanks for the nudge...I needed it!

~~hugs~~

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Suzy... you are so cute :)

David Meigs said...

Psalm 119 is one of my favorites. When I first came to the Lord, I discovered it was dedicated to the law of the Lord. Between there and proverbs, I found plenty to meditate on as I grew in the Lord.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

You said a mouthful brother David! Plenty to meditate on and plenty to hide in my heart (vs 11)