_______________________ Practical Applications
The epitome of practical application of Spiritual Gifts is Jesus. He had them all in equal measure and applied them perfectly. We only need to read one of the Gospels to find Jesus illustrating them all. Since we are not Jesus, and since God promised us a prominence in one gift for the edification of the church body as well as for our own motivations, we have a huge range of applications to discover. You have probably already thought of various applications for your gift as well as the gift of others in your church. If you are on a personnel committe or a nominating committee, I beg you to consider the gifts before you stick a sibling in a job that they may not be motivated to do.
Evaluation of your Motivational Spiritual Gifts…
You may have some close scores and there could be a number of reasons for this:
1. It may be that your motivational gift was squelched in your childhood or is currently being hindered by a current circumstance…therefore another gift may be taking precedence at this point.
2. A second reason is that your self-image is so poor that you are unable to even recognize your underlying personality and your actual giftedness. This sounds so harsh, but recognizing a poor self-image and/or false humility is the first step to actually realizing your own special gift that God gave you. Recognizing that is then the next step to being utilized by God for the work He prepared for you before the foundation of the world.
3. Perhaps your current activities or employment make strong use of a secondary gift so your scoring is influenced more by your present involvement rather than your giftedness.
4. Or you’re trying to be something you are not. Perhaps you are trying not to be something you are.
5. Finally, you may indeed have two motivational gifts that are equally strong because God gifted you in just that way. The two gifts will modify each other in order to bring harmony and balance.
If you find you have identical scores in two gifts then then set the scoring sheet aside for a few days or weeks. During this time, pay attention to the choices you make, how you feel in situations and pay special attention to what motivates you. After studying these gifts for these past weeks, it shouldn’t take you long to come up with a “leaning” toward one of the gifts. If not, then face the fact that you have two primary gifts. There are some people like that.
We are going to study this week the various ways we are commanded to put Love into action. Love In Action is the actual utilizing of your Spiritual Gifts.
Continue the Study...