Attributes of the Gift of Mercy day 3
Remember we are still in Luke 10...
6. Is more concerned for mental and emotional distress than physical distress. This one is implied.
7. Is motivated to help people have right relationships with one another.
8. Loves opportunities to give preference or place to others.
9. Takes care with words and actions to avoid hurting others.
10. Easily detects insincerity or wrong motives.
Compassion people are love in action. This will never vary. I know I said this yesterday, but it is worthy to repeat it. Sometimes when any of the other gifts are faced with a trauma within their life, God will give them a booster shot of the Gift of Mercy. If you are experiencing any recent life changing trauma such as divorce, death of a loved one, rejection in the form of a job lay-off or firing or the breaking up of a serious relationship or something similar… you should be aware you will always score high in this gift during these times. God does this for two specific reasons. One is to take your focus off yourself and your situation and into a more healthy train of thought. And Two is for you to realize that you are not alone in your hurting/pain. God made us as one body in Jesus.
We will suffer pain, trials and persecution in order to grow in Spiritual maturity. Other reasons we suffer these tribulations is to: Give God the glory; to minister to others who are going through the same situations we did; and to become stronger in our faith and walk with Him, to get closer to Him.
Never = 0
Seldom = 1
Sometimes = 2
Usually = 3
Mostly = 4
Always = 5
Continue the Study...
Considered thoughts from Gina Burgess at 10:40 AM