Attributes of the Administrator day 4

_____________________Day Four


Neh 6:9 They were trying to intimidate us into quitting. They thought, "They'll give up; they'll never finish it." I prayed, "Give me strength." 10 Then I met secretly with Shemaiah son of Delaiah, the son of Mehetabel, at his house. He said: Let's meet at the house of God, inside The Temple; Let's find safety behind locked doors because they're coming to kill you, Yes, coming by night to kill you. 11 I said, "Why would a man like me run for cover? And why would a man like me use The Temple as a hideout? I won't do it." 12 I sensed that God hadn't sent this man. The so-called prophecy he spoke to me was the work of Tobiah and Sanballat; they had hired him.
Neh 6:13 He had been hired to scare me off--trick me--a layman, into desecrating The Temple and ruining my good reputation so they could accuse me. 14 "O my God, don't let Tobiah and Sanballat get by with all the mischief they've done. And the same goes for the prophetess Noadiah and the other prophets who have been trying to undermine my confidence." 15 The wall was finished on the twenty-fifth day of Elul. It had taken fifty-two days. 16 When all our enemies heard the news and all the surrounding nations saw it, our enemies totally lost their nerve. They knew that God was behind this work.
The Message
14. Prefers to move on to a new challenge once something is completed.
15. Constantly writes notes to self.
16. Is a natural and capable leader.
17. Knows when to keep old methods going and when to introduce new ones.
18. Enjoys working with and being around people.
19. Wants to see things completed as quickly as possible.
How many days did it take to build the walls? Let's recall that the people working on the walls had to do so with one hand holding a sword and build with the other. There were so many distractions that it is amazing how fast these walls went up.
20. Is willing to let others get the credit in order to get a job done.
The mature Administrator acknowledges exactly Who is in charge and where the organizational skills really come from. We see this so clearly in verse 16 of chapter 6. Are the other characteristics from today noted in chapter 6? If so, which ones? In the space below, jot down several characteristics you noted in the first 6 chapters of Nehemiah which apply to the Administrator/Organizer.
Never = 0
Seldom = 1
Sometimes = 2
Usually = 3
Mostly = 4
Always = 5
Total _______________




Continue the Study...

No comments: