Wisdom from Sages

freedigitalphotos.net 
Charles Stanley said, "Never throw away the notes you've made while in study of the Bible. These were important enough for you to jot them down, they may be a life saver later on."

That was the one time I was blessed enough to go to Charles Stanley's church in Atlanta years ago.

Well, he was right!

I spent a few minutes each day after that rummaging through my notes from such sages as Charles Stanley, Patsy Clairmont, Luci Swindoll, James Merritt, Beth Moore, Shelia Walsh, Nicole Johnson, David Jeremiah, my pastor and others. You would think that since I've listened to all these wise people, I'd be a bit smarter!

Here are some gems,

Shelia Walsh: "God's love is never one petal short."

Nicole Johnson: "God takes thousands of things in one life that are broken and makes treasures."

Jennifer Rothchilde: "It should be, it is well with my soul, not it is well with my circumstances.
We can't use a mirror to see the standard because we always fall short. The mirror of God's Word gives us the truth.

Pastor Philip Caples: Takeaways from Jonah.. Be honest. Be open to what God is doing. Understand about realities of life and know that God controls them. Be prepared for the 180 degree turn around when you discovered you are not within God's perfect will.

Gina thought: Psalm 45:11 The King is enthralled with your beauty. My hope is in Him alone, therefore we must gain strength and truth from Him alone. Any hope in healing or in other things is false hope. God wants us to love heaven and Him more than anything here on earth. Why is that so hard for us to fathom? We place our hopes in so many different things that have no substance such as 1. A wonderful husband; 2. Beautiful children; 3. College education; 4. Beautiful home. Jesus said to lay up treasures in heaven for where lies your treasure, there lies your heart also.

Jennifer Rothchilde: "The woman of faith looks through the eyes of eternity and when she does so, the temporaries of today fade to insignificance. The things unseen are eternal things, so don't wait for it to be well with your circumstances, look for God to make it well with your soul and when it is well with your soul, how can we ask for more?"
(A note about Jennifer, she has been blind since she was a child.)

6 comments:

EXSENO said...

Gina,
Sorry I don't know when you posted that comment but I just saw it. My pics? If your talking about the one that looks like it's double exposed it came that way on purpose. Now, what kind of problem are you having with your pics?

Pilot Mom said...

Gina, Charles STanley is one of my favorites, too, along with Dr. Jeremiah and Charles Swindoll and all the others you have mentioned.

Thanks for sharing these 'gems' with us. I especially liked the one you shared from Jennifer Rothchilder. So often we take our focus off of the eternal and put it on our 'horizontal' perspective we call life.

EXSENO said...

O.k. Gina,
I think I know what caused that, so when you get a chance come to the same post and make a comment even if you just say , this is a test, and see if you get that message again. Let me know if you do or if it stopped please. If you were getting it I bet everyone else is getting it too.

EXSENO said...

By the way this is a really good post. Some very profound words here. I have a couple of favorites.

Corry said...

Good post, Gina. How is the writing coming along?

God's Grace.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

I have so much enjoyed these treasures again and I'm delighted that y'all did, too!