Allen West and the Blonde

 I'm thinking Allen West's remarks in email to Congresswoman Wasserman-Schultz stemmed not from her remarks on the floor of the House, but from the protest she ordered waged at his headquarters in Florida. His remark that she tend to her own district makes that clear to me. It is also clear that when one has two names, it is difficult to really know who one is.

I find it quite humorous that five Democrat women stand up shoulder to shoulder to demand West's apology to Wasserman-Schultz. Really? I guess no one who is a Republican has the right of free speech or to form an independent opinion?

Bearing in mind that one of our forefathers cracked his cane over the head of another of our forefathers Charles Summers for insulting his uncle in his "Crime Against Kansas" speech in 1855. Summers was staunchly against slavery and made every chance to speak against it. Preston Brooks took great exception to the insults to his uncle the Senator from South Carolina and took the opportunity to literally beat Summers bloody while he sat at his desk in the Senate. No action was taken against either of them.

Politics has become one of the dirtiest games ever played. All manner of kicking, biting and scratching are always present in the thorny briers tossed about on the Senate and House floors, lies from the Presidential podium, and media gag orders.  We've become immune to most of it. Demanding an apology is one of the most insincere, thin-skinned, paltry, whinny things to do. It reminds me of when Don Imus called a group of women "nappy-headed" and it caused them to be traumatized for life. Does anyone remember even one name of that group? How about where the group was? It was a flash in the pan from a shock jock. It was his job and he went too far. It was also his opinion. I never listened to him and don't listen today.

West's remarks are only what the media make them to be. If you want to be outraged, then by all means waste that energy. Another outrage will occur on the Senate and House floors tomorrow and again the next day and every day from now until the end of time. It is what men make it to be.


Psalm 141:3  Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. 
4  Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, To practice wicked works With men who work iniquity; And do not let me eat of their delicacies. 
5  Let the righteous strike me; It shall be a kindness. And let him rebuke me; It shall be as excellent oil; Let my head not refuse it. For still my prayer is against the deeds of the wicked. 
6  Their judges are overthrown by the sides of the cliff, And they hear my words, for they are sweet. 
7  Our bones are scattered at the mouth of the grave, As when one plows and breaks up the earth. 
8  But my eyes are upon You, O GOD the Lord; In You I take refuge; Do not leave my soul destitute. 
9  Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, And from the traps of the workers of iniquity. 
10  Let the wicked fall into their own nets, While I escape safely. 


David was a really smart cookie... er, king. I try to always remember this particular Psalm as my prayer before I rise in the morning. Wise words are fruitful to the hearing soul.

No comments: