Uneducated Troops?????

I absolutely adore military humor!

I just blogged on BNN about this very thing and what do I find in my inbox when I get home from church tonight? It made me belly laugh.

Praise God for our guys who willingly lay down their lives for us and can still laugh about our idiot politicians.

Below I've copied my post from BNN...


Military bashing and other Democratic blunders
by Gina Burgess

John Kerry, back in the news, cracked a joke that went awry. He told students in a college crowd in California on Tuesday, “You can study hard and do well, or if you don’t you could get stuck in Iraq.” In his apology he states, “it was a botched joke… of course, I’m sorry about a botched joke.”

This is just another picture of how Democrats view the military. Rep. Charles Rangel D-NY recently said that our armed forces come from the “lowest economic echelon we have.”

I have some very good friends who were in the military during President Clinton’s reign when he slashed defense and military spending to toothpicks and matchsticks. Their housing was falling down around their ears and cracks between the walls let in all sorts of animals of the eight-legged variety.

Now, I know quite a few who are in the military to specifically and purposefully put themselves smack in the middle of harm’s way to protect America, the land of the free and the home of the brave. These men and women are from my home town and from all over the U.S. According to a recent Heritage Foundation study, “Over the past three years, the quality of recruits to the U.S. military has improved, a finding contrary to the conventional wisdom that troop quality has declined...wartime U.S. enlistees are better educated, wealthier and more rural on average than their civilian peers.”

J. Dennis Hastert wrote in a Border Security Bulletin (www.GOP.com) that the Democrats don’t believe in a “Global War on Terror. I don't mean that they don't support it, though they don't. What I mean is Democrats don't believe the war actually exists. While Republicans believe the biggest threat to American freedom and security is the evil ideology that planned and executed the murder of 3,000 of our countrymen five years ago, and continues planning today, Democrats think the biggest threat to America is... Republicans.”

What makes me so angry is that Kerry and his ilk crack jokes about our armed forces while enjoying peaceful sleep on silken pillows. He’s sorry about botching a joke when our military heroes, (every single one of those men and women in uniform are heroes to me) counted the cost and decided it was worth it to stand in the way of the terrorists. They decided it was worth it to fight for someone else’s freedom while protecting our freedom.

That may be Kerry’s and the other Democrats’ idea of dumb, but it isn’t mine.


© 2006 all rights reserved
Gina Burgess is the editor of The Tensas Gazette and a redactor for internet marketing company. She is a columnist for Live As If.org and a site admin for Studylight.org. Visit her blog at
Refreshment In Refuge.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: