Can we all learn something from Ted Haggard? No? How about David?

''The fact is,'' said Rev. Haggard in an Associated Press interview, ''I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem.” He wrote in his letter to his congregation, “I am a deceiver and a liar. There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all my adult life.''

So now that he's confessed, we are supposed to shun him... point fingers at him... set him up as an example. Right? No.

David was an extremely effective leader of Israel. He followed God. He did things the right way all the time. Right? No.

David committed sexual immorality. He was guilty and it took David a YEAR to confess only after Nathan came to him and confronted him with a story about a rich man with lots of sheep and a poor man with only one little ewe.

I wonder what little blue-haired ladies would say if they'd been living back in David's day. What would you say... think?

Now... look at your neighbor. Look at your brother. Have you been judging because of an offense against you? Excuse me a moment... I have a friend I must call. I have some crow I must eat.

You can read my post about this on BNN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He lied ... He first said he had a massage and not sex
Enough said

Anonymous said...

Gina,

This is an awesome post. I wish more people could see this Ted Haggard story in this light. Thanks for pointing out the parallels between the Haggard story and the story of King David.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thank you, Hank!