Must be the fog



It must be the fog that makes things so unclear, right? Why else couldn't we look out into the future and know what God has in store? Why God allows all these trials and things to beset us?

No. It isn't the fog. God tells us plainly why these tribulations befall us... thorough James. How many times have I read this passage? Why did it hit home today and finally make sense? I don't know. I prayed yesterday morning for God to give me a delight to take a picture of for the front page of our paper. Something that would be picture postcard gift to our subscribers as a Thanksgiving gift.

I never go across the lake in the morning on my way to work. This morning I had to go pick up a story from a proud grandmother. It was about her grandson's marriage to a very lovely young lady. The fog was horrible. As I was coming back across the lake, I was stunned at the beauty of the sun trying to shine throug the fog. Gorgeous. So I stopped in the middle of the road (folks around here are used to that sort of thing), and took this picture.

Then, you won't believe this, I proceded to drive around another lake searching for some Thanksgiving display. Then I went across the levee to see if I could take a picture of fog on the Mississippi River. All to no avail. But, when I got to the office and downloaded the pics I had on my camera... I was stunned again at the beauty of this picture.

We keep looking beyond, trying to see through the fog, trying to figure out God's purpose because we think knowing God's purpose will make sense and will make us well... heal us from the troubles or what ever is ailing us.

God smacked it home to me that sometimes, it is the fog that is the important thing. God's fog obscures those things that are unimportant to pursue and causes a great beauty right in front of our eyes. Sometimes the fog is a protection for we may not have the tools or the strength to handle whatever is behind the fog. Thank you, Lord, for the fog. Thank you, Lord, for giving me this delight to share with all those precious children of Yours.

So... back to James...


James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, sends words of love to the twelve tribes of the Jews living in all parts of the earth. 2 Let it be all joy to you, my brothers, when you undergo tests of every sort; 3 Because you have the knowledge that the testing of your faith gives you the power of going on in hope; 4 But let this power have its full effect, so that you may be made complete, needing nothing.

Rejoice in the tests of every sort.

The tests gives the power of hope.

The power makes us complete so that we need nothing.

That is a universe-size lesson in this pea-size brain of mine. I am awed; I am humbled; I am undone. God is so good.
 Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment