Gay Marriage False Facts

This article/column written by Frank Turek, author of Correct, NOT Politically Correct, is extremely eye-opening concerning the ruling of Judge Walker who recently stalled California's Proposition 8.

The fact that the voters of California turned out and voted yes for this proposition which defines marriage as one man and one woman among other things says a lot about the feelings of American in general concerning homosexual marriages.

Turek is correct that most people do not understand the literal impact that this liberal judge is wielding against America. He is, in essence, that judges know better and the people go hang.

Proposition 8 in no way forestalls the 14th Amendment. Down through the ages, American people have not been open to same sex marriages. What right does any judge have to rule that "that time has passed"? The people of California say that it has NOT passed and that they consider a marriage to be normal with all the rights and privileges if it is between one man and one woman. It should remain so, especially since our country was founded upon Christian principles, the Holy Bible and by Christian men and women. We are still a Christian nation.

I have heard it often said that you can't legislate morality. I have often said, "Poppycock!" to that and am well-pleased that Turek says the same thing in his column.

I suggest you read his column. It is very well thought out and he presents some extremely good logic in his arguments against Judge Walker's ruling.

6 comments:

Stan said...

I've been following (and blogging about) this topic since the 2008 decision that overturned the California voters the first time and forced Californians to alter their definition of "marriage". To me it has never been an issue of "morality". That is, I am not saying that we should not allow homosexuals to marry because being a homosexual is immoral. For me it has always been a simple matter of definition. The courts in 2008 and again in this latest ruling clearly and explicitly recognized that they are modifying the term "marriage" to something it has never meant before. I'm not saying we shouldn't allow "same-sex marriage" because it's immoral. I'm saying it doesn't exist. That's before we ever get to the question of "Christian nation" or morality. For a homosexual to say, "I want to be married to my same-sex partner" is like me saying, "I want to be my cat's brother." Well, that's nice ... it's just a violation of anything possible or rational.

everykindofpeople said...

Thanks for the great article! My understanding is that Prop 8 passed by 52% to 48% right? So certainly the people have spoken! By 4% anyway. I also read that exit polls showed that voters 60 and older voted 2 to 1 for prop 8. It was the voters 35 and younger that voted 2 to 1 against it. Showing again that mother knows best! Why don't we listen to our elders anymore? That also shows that opposition to gay marriage is doomed to fail in the long run and equal rights for gays and lesbians will bcome law the same as integration of our schools, women getting the right to vote and ending slavery. Whats our country coming too? Doesn't anyone read the bible anymore??

gunga din said...

Today's ruling extending the stay is but a minor blip on the road to SSM Equality and constitutional rights of ALL to marry the partner of their choice.

The 9th Appellate Court has expedited this case and refused to grant any extensions in order to determnine the validity of Prop. 8 proponents stance that they will somehow be 'harmed' by gay couples being married. Proponents know they have no legal standing and no case when it comes to the facts, only bias and animus based on fear and ignorance. This too shall pass, and equality will be the law of the land, for all American citizens.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

gunga, I ask you to read the column... the title is the link to it.

Frank talks a lot about how this will harm our nation.

I am appalled because there are so few homosexuals in our population. In the 2000 census, only 4% actually admitted being homosexual. I am eager to see what the 2010 Census tells us. Will a decade have made a difference?

The fact remains that the 14th Amendment is not effected by normal marriage nor effected by abnormal marriage or abnormal sex. It is a non-issue, strawman argument. Fear has no part of it, and I strongly believe there is a great deal of ignorance on both sides, a great deal of blindness, and a huge amount of homosexual bullying because my homosexual friends will say one thing to me in private and quite another to their "sect".

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Stan! I'm my cat's mother, not sister. I thought you knew that :D

Refreshment in Refuge said...

BTW, Stan has written a LOT about this and quite eloquently, too. You can find his writings at Winging It