Do you have a talent you haven't completely turned over to God?

Okay... it's a really long title for such a short post, I know that. But, I have just been engrossed in Brandilyn Collins' blog Forensics & Faith. If you are an aspiring writer or you just like to read books, this blog is a must read!

I loved Brandilyn's posts over at Charis Connection. Every day type of happenings have such a creepy twist in her mind and her words just drip with tension.

So why am I blogging about her today? Because I read this question on her blog and it just hit me full in the face... that's why.

I just finished the series about Motivational Spiritual Gifts and I never once asked that question of you... or of myself. How could I not think of that question? It's crucial to turn over our talents to God if we are to live within His will. We must turn over every aspect of our lives to Him, but how many times do we not think about turning over our talents to Him?

I painted window sills this past week (it is the most boring thing a person can do and I admire professional painters who do that for a living. I don't care how much you get paid, it isn't enough!) I can't tell you how many times I prayed, "God, I can't do this, please help me hold my arm up just a little longer... hold this screwdriver straight... hold these blinds...

Talents are God-given for us to use for His glory. We must give them totally to Him so that we can use them to their fullest potential. That is such a simple lesson, but so incredibly deep.

On Wednesday, I'll be talking about her new book Web of Lies and I wanted to ask this question before Wednesday...

Do you have a talent you haven't completely turned over to God?
Post a Comment