To will or not to will

I was discussing something with a dear friend and realized something.

It wasn't one of those lightening bolt things like I've had in the past. It was just a quiet nudge from God's elbow. I just love it when He does that.

Here I've been complaining about a soreness in my soul and not feeling at home and not feeling like I belong when all along God was trying to tell me that those feelings were just as fickle as a rainless cloud. All promise with nothing produced and no bite.

It is such a relief to stomp my foot at the devil and tell him to "Be gone, Satan, get thee behind me." He cannot hurt me, and he has tried. Oh I've felt a pinprick or two but nothing that could come close to a real hurt. Praise God.

Salva Bogu... that's Ukranian for Praise God. One of the young men in our church is going there this summer on a mission. There are several that he has asked prayer for. His name is David. If you've a mind to, please say a prayer for his health and his mission that God will use him in a mighty way.

Mom and I are praying about starting a neighborhood Bible study. Pray God presses His will into us and that He brings those to us that He wants to reach with this mission. I have deeply missed my weekly Bible study with my sisters in Newellton. Funny, but I haven't heard one peep from any of them.

I believe God designed it that way so I wouldn't look back to where He did not want me to be so that I would look forward ever pressing into His will. That is a most delightful place to be.

Thank you so much those of you who keep checking back on me even though I haven't been posting as often as I used to or visiting as often as I used to. I'll get better... I'm still dealing with boxes and I want to put up some cabinets in the garage. So much to do and so little time.

Saturday I was feeling deep stress because I had a plate full as well as a deep bowl and my cup ranneth over, too. I just asked God to manage the time and help me get it done. I got everything done on the list. Grass mowed, flowers planted, groceries bought, house cleaned, clothes washed, SS lesson studied and a long chat with a dear friend. That's a great day!

3 comments:

HeyJules said...

You have perfect timing as I just started a brand new prayer journal yesterday. I'll be happy to add these to my list!

And yes, it's good to see you back blogging again. You were missed!

Corry said...

It's good to have you back, girl. I will remember your requests in my prayers.
Missed ya, sis.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

EXSENO said...

Gina,
Those boxes are not going anywhere, so stop obsessing over them and take some time for Gina. If you can't do that completely, then just take one or two little things out every time you fill like it and you'll be surprised at how fast the box will empty without and rush. Do it girl or you get burned out.