TV Weatherman lost his job because of his faith


This experienced (21 years of it) weatherman, Jon Cash,  is an evangelist during his off hours at the station. Because of that, he was fired.
Imagine that… being fired for professing Jesus as LORD and caring enough about the Lost that you share Jesus regularly. Isn’t that what we are supposed to do? Absolutely. No qualifiers or quantifiers, it is our commission given by Jesus. He also said that we will be persecuted because of Him. That means no rose garden, folks.
Cash has reluctantly filed a law suit, not for himself particularly, “…but to vindicate our God-given right to worship as defined in the Constitution and federal law.”
But the station manager said if Cash was a full time evangelist, it was “bad for business”. So is it about worship? No. Is it about off hours time consumption? How could it be since he wasn’t taking time away from his duties at the station. Is it an image thing? Ah. Maybe that is the culprit. But, I believe what it actually boils down to is money. If what the station manager said about being an evangelist is bad for business, then it is all about money.
Since the morning show was the area’s top rated show, then how could it be about money?
I say good luck to him with the law suit. When I was fired because of my Christian beliefs, (actually said in a letter!), I realized it wasn’t my beliefs. Those were just an excuse. What it was really about was I was doing exactly what God wanted me to do, and those whose Lord was not God were offended by my obedience to Him. And they were exceedingly jealous. I have lost three jobs because of my beliefs. Two of those said it out loud, and another used another excuse.
Here is the harsh reality, Christians. When we obey God, there are stormy seas ahead. He equips us with all the stormy weather gear, but it won’t do a bit of good if we don’t put it on. God will always provide for His children, and He will always provide for His will to be done. Rest in that and happy sailing. Always remember that we are ships with full sails—sails full with the Holy Spirit Wind, and the rudder of God’s Word.

4 comments:

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

This is amazing about your testimonies relative to job loss.

We share similar situations. In my last job (in Govt), my term was not renewed after being on board for more than five years. They "dismissed" me in spite of my consistently excellent performance appraisals, numerous managerial written commendations, and even a "Customer Service Excellence Award" presented to me by the Mayor of Washington, DC!

Throughout my work history, there has never been an issue with my work ethic, attendance, etc. It has been my persona because I have never went along to get along. I go with the flow when the flow is the right flow (just and righteous). Well, we know how well that goes over with the world.

I feel you, Gina, on the persecution for righteousness sake. But hallelujah, GOD is so worth it. Praise the name of JESUS!

My unemployment ran out in April 2010. The Lord led me to start my own home based business in March 2010 as a writer, editor and consultant. I obeyed. It is slow going financially, but I am CERTAIN that I obeyed the Lord...

To GOD be the glory...!

Refreshment in Refuge said...

I am just as certain! I feel for you, too! Jesus said it would be hard and that we would be persecuted for His name's sake. I believe that if a Christian is not persecuted somewhere along the line, then that person needs to do some lifestyle adjustments. I'm just saying...

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

You are absolutely right. I heard a minister once say something to the affect that if the Devil is persecuting us, be joyful because that is affirmation that we are pleasing GOD. I am thankful for such affirmations from the enemy camp!

You said, "I'm just saying..."

Yes, you are just saying the truth,
and that has major pleasurable appeal for "whosoever will, let him come."

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

If you hear of the outcome of this case, please let me know.

Thank you,Gina.