Ye Shall Laugh 2


Ye Shall Laugh Luke 6:21


There are some very Funny, Strange and Stupid Things People Do in the Bible.


Whoever said, “The Bible is boring,” has no imagination and has no sense of humor. Studying the Bible is all about attitude…Attitude of the heart and attitude of the mind. Who was it that said, “You get what you put in to it”? Oh, yeah, it was “Whatever ye shall sow, that shall ye also reap.”

Where else should Christians turn when they have problems?

Where else do we find God’s intent and God’s purpose for our lives?


And where else is there a collection of such exciting and, yes, humorous stories that are so true?
The Bible is true to life; true to Man’s nature and reveals the consequences of our actions. The life lessons jam-packed into such a small collection of 66 books could not possibly be crammed into the Library of Congress when applied to our own daily lives. In fact, Solomon was absolutely correct when he said, “There is nothing new under the sun.” And that was about 3000 years ago.

"What?" you say, "Nothing new? What about Japanese cars?”
Acts 1& 2 & 4 tell us there was at least “one Accord” back then.

“What about microwaves?”

Leviticus 10:1-2 tells us God “micro-waved” Aaron’s sons after they offered profane fire before the Lord without a little box and a plug in to electricity.

“What about Email?”

The Spirit of the Lord is faster and a lot more dependable than Email. And Jesus didn’t even have to say, “Scotty, Beam Me into the locked room where my disciples are.” He just was instantly there! And how about Philip? He was here one minute and walking beside the Ethiopian the next second. Instant. That's faster than getting approval for a credit card swipe.

Okay, so it’s a bit ridiculous … but, I hope I made my point. Man’s mind is finite and is so limited compared to our Almighty Lord God. And God gave us our sense of humor! There was once a preacher that said basically, “Hilarity is obscene before the Lord.” Poppycock!

Sorrow of the heart breaks the spirit (Proverbs 15:13) however … A merry heart doeth good like medicine, but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22. And Solomon wasn’t talking about having a “heart merry with wine” in that verse, don’t you know.

So I'd like to hear what is your favorite funny story in the Bible... Gee, there are so many to choose from!

5 comments:

Corry said...

Matthew 14:28-30
Peter walking on water, doubting, his faith weakening and falling in. The funny thing about this for me is, that it so much reminds me of my own weak self:-)

God's Grace.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

The donkey is funny to me, too. It is almost like God is telling him that even the donkey is smarter than you...lol. I can say that in Spanish but I doubt I would make many friends with it.

Corry, I had never thought about Peter sinking in the water as funny but now that you mention it... It was always all or nothing with Peter. He seems to me to be a Texas Driver Apostle. Either 100 miles an hour or dead stop. lol

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Paul, I'm honored you stopped by. And that is funny the way you said it.

EXSENO said...

This is wonderful Gina, young people would listen more to something that would catch their attention.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Well actually, exseno, I wrote this whole Bible study for the youth in our church for a Youth Bible College on the same lines as Vacation Bible School for kids. Then they decided to go on a mission trip instead so it's been sitting on the shelf in my computer ever since. I dragged it out to share here.