Beth Moore in Birmingham, AL


If you didn't know already.... Beth Moore is a grandmother at last. Her grandson was a week old on Friday when we sat in the Civic Arena in Birmingham, AL gazing at sweet pictures of him. Being a grandparent must be the grandest thing in the world!

I did a Google for blogs about Beth Moore's Living Proof in Birmingham this weekend and came up with zilch. So, I thought I'd share with you all how great this weekend was and the jewels of wisdom that Beth imparted. We'll pick back up with the rest of the Motivational Spiritual Gifts tomorrow. Today, let's soak in some wisdom from Psalms and from Paul. Her teaching is in bold print and my comments are in regular. I have also posted the Bible verses she used where applicable. Note that she started with Psalms 78; 145; 102:18 and 71:18 (With Beth, we never stay at a single place in the Bible for more than a pair of minutes).


1Th 2:8 Even so, being full of loving desire for you, we took delight in giving you not only God's good news, but even our lives, because you were dear to us. Is how Beth introduced pictures of her new grandson. Even in sharing her personal life, she brings in the Bible. This is one reason why I just plain like her so much.

Hope for change is entirely in God.
Hope for our future after our past is entirely in God.


Isa 41:10 Have no fear, for I am with you; do not be looking about in trouble, for I am your God; I will give you strength, yes, I will be your helper; yes, my true right hand will be your support.

We are called to be profoundly effective on the world. We are the light of the world and that is a heavy responsibility. This is where our satisfaction comes from, when we are doing what God called us to do.

This past weekend, 18,000 women made a pact for high impact on the world. That is a huge responsibility. How does one person have the gall to think that she might have a high impact on the world? Well, she can't... not without Jesus. The whole weekend was geared around how God has an adjective for each generation. God planned each age, each generation and when who would be born into what generation. Had you ever thought about that before? I had not. But since God planned everything, it certainly makes sense.

The Greek word Genea means a multitude of contemporaries...in the NT genea literally means space of time, circle of time in the sense of affinity of communion based on the sameness of stock.

Wickedness is not strong enough to keep us from having revival. Why is it that so many in our generation profess Jesus but do not practice Jesus?

God is faithful to every generation. Psalms 100:5
For the Lord is good, and his mercy is never-ending; his faith is unchanging through all generations.

Generations are altered when collective individuals are altered. Imagine what can happen when we are summoned by God!

Genea comes from the Greek word ginomai which means to begin to come into existence as in imply origin, result in change of state or place etc. (either from natural causes or special agencies.

Will we turn out to be that which is evolved from natural causes or supernatural causes?

Simply put, because Christ resides in us, we should be the product of supernatural causes... but, how many truly are? I thought that was an excellent question. We have settled for so little when we are promised so much. God is so huge! He always finishes what He starts.

We had homework for Friday night. We were supposed to answer 3 questions:

What is keeping me from being what I am supposed to be? Who do I want to be in my Senior years?

I want to be that friend of God to whom He says, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!" I want to please Him and I want to settle into that ministry which He prepared from me from before the foundation of the world. I wonder how many of us Christians slog along without ever fulfilling that ministry God had planned for us simply because we just do not lean on the hugeness of God, but rely on our own strength.

In my heart of hearts, how much of who I am now is from natural causes and how much is from supernatural causes?

Whoa! I look back on my history and I just cannot fathom how come I am not bitter with anger and why I am not clogged with unforgiveness. I tell you, my friends, I am who I am right now from 100% supernatural causes.

How could God begin right now to cause me to be that person I want to be in my Senior years?

I believe He has been working on me for the past 50 years to be that person I want to be... or rather--and this is crucial--the person He wants me to be. I do not believe God ever lets go of a Believer. When we are willing to let Him work us like clay, then we become mighty, supernatural works of godly art. When we are controllers and do not make our whole hearts and bodies available to Him... we become sadly misshapen. That doesn't mean God can't use a misshapen vessel. He can. The vessel just isn't what it potentially could be.

Day 2

We are bowed down to our past, but our past should bow down.

We are headed for disaster if we do not pursue God's way which is right. To entirely serve God's purpose, we must use our past for God's purpose. Our battle is not against flesh and blood. We have been assigned to this generation to make an impact for God's way; to be relevant to God's purposes... to not close in upon ourselves... to not let the World in, but to be out in the world.

Every title of God is in perfect context with the text. Every title means something. Isaiah 28:15, God forced Jacob to come out into the truth. Jacob means Deceiver. God wrestled with Jacob to force him into Truth. One touch to his hip displayed how God could have devestated Jacob, but Jacob persevered... he lasted through the night... he didn't give up and wouldn't let go until he had his blessing. This is how we should be as Christians in this world. Face to face with God, never giving up, never trading one addiction for another.

Give up the posing, the pretending we are one thing in hopes that God will love us. God knows the pain that causes us to sin and to act ungodly. Some people think they are invisible to God and this is just not true.

We have to stand in the river of fear just as the Priests stood in the Jordan River before the waters will part. Stepping out on faith in order for our huge God to work His miracles.

The best thing I received from this weekend was this boost: God uses our experiences to further His glory and to reach out to Light the world. He turns my pain into passion so that I may pour healing balm on my hurting siblings or so that I may reach out to the lost who are suffering the same things I have suffered. That is a huge responsibility... but, hey... My God is HUGE! Amen.

6 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Gina, I'm so excited because she is coming to SALT LAKE CITY, UT in October! Usually, I have to drive to Boise, ID or over to Denver etc. I can hardly wait!

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Claire, I am so excited for you! She is just great at teaching. I so much enjoyed the weekend and was so deeply blessed.

Anonymous said...

here is a photo of the event that i did. i am the photographer for the living proof events... enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalonick/107355624/

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Rych, that is a fabulous pic! I'm sorry I deleted the first post of yours... I wasn't paying close enough attention.

It was amazing to look around and see not one empty seat. I think every person that bought a ticket, showed up except for about 5 because I saw 3 women trying to sell a total of 5 tickets.

Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

here is a link to lifeways recap page....with my photos

http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_page/0%2C1703%2CA%253D161973%2526M%253D200359%2C00.html

Anonymous said...

here is a link to lifeways recap page....with my photos

http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_page/0%2C1703%2CA%253D161973%2526M%253D200359%2C00.html