Katrina and the aftermath in Newellton







Compared to the pictures from New Orleans, Gulfport, Buloxi and others, this is hardly noteworthy except for God's hand in it.

We are fine, praise God. The trees that are down fell parallel to the driveway and away from the house. My brother-in-law is alive and well even though he was in the center of the storm because he is a supervisor for an ambulance service. He's doing search and rescue right now. Pray for his safety.

My daughters and son-in-law are safe. My nephew and his family are safe. My sister and my other nephew are here with us and we begin the clean up! I do dread that which is why I'm sitting here typing this :)

I pray all is well with you.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Gina,

Thank you for the update and praise the Lord none of your family was harmed. I was wondering how you faired during the storm

Anonymous said...

Wow, glad to hear that, considering everything, you guys are ok.

Corry said...

Gina, I am so grateful you and family are well.

We rode it out and I will post soon. We too all are fine. God blessed us:-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know you're OK. I'm praying for you and your family. Our church just had a blood drive Sunday. Guess where it's going? That's providence!

dantelw from S.L.

Anonymous said...

thank God your family is safe. saw what happened in the news. still praying for the ones affected.

Pilot Mom said...

Gina, it is wonderful to hear you are all safe! Be careful in the cleaning up! Praise the Lord for His protective care!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're alive. If I had a better job, I'd definitely be down there helping out. Praying for you and others through the wake of this.

In His blessings,
Richard

EXSENO said...

Be careful Gina, I'll pray for you.

Valerie said...

Glad to hear you are okay, Gina. Please continue to keep us informed, okay? Also, when you get the chance, email me, would you? THanks! (I sent an email to you last night).