I've been tagged

It was the double-dog dare, right?

10 years ago--I was on my knees talking to God about whether or not to divorce my husband. And God said, "Enough is enough." So I separated, hoping he would change. He did not so then 3 years later I finally divorced him.

5 years ago--I was in Hawaii with my new husband and that is one fabulous place to go! Alas, after 10 years of being a bachelor, he decided he just couldn't handle being married. He tossed me out, so I laid hands on the entire house, sprayed my perfume all over his pillow (feather), his matress, under his matress, in his underwear drawer, and just to make sure, I sprayed it in his winter clothes. Then I left Arizona and came back to Louisiana to lick my wounds and heal.

1 year ago-- Golly Shazam... what was I doing 1 year ago? I've slept since then. Oh, how could I have forgotten. I started back to college online at Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, TX. A great place to get your degree if you do not have one already. I shopped for months trying to find a solid school with a great reputation.

Yesterday-- Blogged, studied my Bible at Studylight.org, watched my neighbor drive across the yard (and even now he's parked crooked in his carport), watched the hummingbirds, watered my plants and enjoyed my time off before school starts August 27th. I also laid to rest part of my bosom pal for the last several years. I had to face the reality that my book I've been writing and rewriting really isn't that good. Now that I've let that go, I can start a new project.

5 favorite snacks-- chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, popcorn

5 songs I know all the words to--Amazing Grace, Just As I Am, It's Amazing What Praising Can Do (there's not that many words); To Him Who Sits On The Throne; Going to the Chapel. What can I say? I learned the words when I was young... it's like Tears of a Clown. I refused to learn the words to Clouds in My Coffee because I thought that was a ridiculous song. However, I can sing almost all the commercial jingles if you hum a bar or two.... Dr. Pepper is a friendly... Plop, plop...

5 things I would do with 100 million dollars-- [after my tithe] I would ask Donald Trump to film an Apprentice down here in Povertyville, the Mississippi Delta--what a shocker to those hopefuls, eh? I would set up a trust fund for my now non-existent grandkids. I would pay my college loan off. I would give each of my kids 1 million and then I would set up a college scholarship fund for any kid that wanted to learn how to economically develop the Delta area. I would build a Community Center for tutoring these kids here in Tensas Parish so they can make it in this world. [these are not in order of importance, of course]

5 places I would run away to-- Man... I don't want to run away. 5 places I'd like to vacate to would be Colorado (Rocky Mountain High), Go to Canada to see my friend Debbie, Hawaii, England because I have so many friends there, and South Africa just because I like their accents. I do not think I want to go to Israel although it would be truly a great experience to walk where Jesus walked. That's six, so sue me.

5 favorite TV shows-- Monk, The Apprentice, NCIS (it's really awful that Agent Todd was killed off, I understand it was at her own request. I think that was a mistake for her.) SG-1 Atlantis & SG-1, Andromeda (although it is now over. I hope Kevin Sorbo does another similar.)

5 bad habits-- menopause. I know it isn't a habit, but anything that I do that is bad, I blame on menopause. Works for me.

5 biggest joys-- The Lord of my life, Jesus. Just saying His name gives me a thrill. Studying my Bible and finally understanding something that I've been puzzling over. My kids. My mom. Writing. Reading good books.

5 favorite toys-- hmmm. Uh. hmmm. My computer. Man... I wish this question had been about books.

5 people I tag to do this-- I do not know. I don't want to put anyone on the spot but how about the first 5 people that read this post! Come on now, be honest and comment so we can all go over to your place and munch chocolate cookies, drink coffee and read up about you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, I've already been tagged and posted my answers, but I just wanted to say I'm right there with ya on the menopause thing. I believe I've entered the 'perimenopausal' stage 'o life.
:)

Love your blog.

David Meigs said...

Gina,

Not sure what it means to get “tagged”, but it sounds painful. What I do know is that I enjoyed today’s candid, heart felt wisdom.

Sorry to hear about “Running From Shadows”. I hope you come back to it another day and make it everything you want it to be.

May the Lord bless you richly!

David

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Gayla, thank you! I truly enjoy your blog as well. What is 'perimenopausal stage'? I have not heard of that.

David, I always cherish lessons learned. It was not as painful as it seems. I've grown and unless I completely rewrite the book (which would be just too boring) I do not believe it is salvagable.

Thank you, David. I appreicate you.

Corry said...

Argh, I would be one of those being tagged cause I visited your blog haha. I will try:-)

10 years ago: I was prolly getting the kids ready for school and looking after the normal household issues.

5 yrs ago: I was hopeless and disappointed and had no clue where my life was leading to or what the point in it was at all.

1 yr ago: I was remarried, living in the states for over a year by then, finding God's way, changing my life and ways.

yesterday: I blogged, made preperations for hubby's birthday supper, fed the cats, cleaned, wrote hubby's BD-card. Rejoiced in the call from our oldest "Dutch" daugther, watched tv and prayed several times during the day.

5 fav snacks: choclate, doughnuts, almost any kind of deserts, shoarma, seafood.

5 songs I know all the words to: hah, just a few dutch children's rhymes...for the rest I know pieces and parts haha.

5 things I would do with 100 million $: I would use it to ease other people's burdens and rejoice in the Lord for enableing me to do so. Matthew 6:3
But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

5 places to run away to: I have no desire to run away. Husband and I like to explore. And that could be million places.

5 fav tv-shows: Survivor, AFV, Storm Stories, Who's line is it?, CSI.

5 bad habits: smoking, eating too much choclate, being selfish, not reading the Bible enough, and I don't get to no 5 right now so I blame that on menopause haha.

5 biggest joys: The Lord, my husband, our daughters, drawing, crafts, and more...:-)

5 fav toys: pencil and paper, tv, ehhh...does exploring, fixing up the house and watching movies count??? haha.

5 people I tag: nah, I am like you. If they want to they will:-)

God's Grace.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Corry, what an AMAZING woman you are!!! I just love how your life made an upswing even though your are suffering terribly with that RA. Be sure and put this on your blog so folks who visit you will get to know you :)

Anonymous said...

Gina, Perimenopause is no doubt a new termed coined to explain the goings on before actually entering full blown menopause. :)

I'm 46, and some things are still very...er...'regular' but there are some mysterious symptoms beginning to creep in.

Great book - Before The Change, Taking Charge of Your Perimenopause, by Ann Louise Gittleman, Phd, CNS. She's got some great advice and some great "perizappers" to try to ward off some of those oncoming symptoms.

OK, that's probably more than your readers wanted to know. :) HA!

But who knows, may the info might help someone else.

God bless~

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Okay... I learned a new word today!

Gayla, get you some Complete Balance by Natrol. It costs about $10 for a month, but it is really good at dispelling the symptoms of menopause (hot flashes and mood swings mostly). Plus Dr. Phil's wife Robin mentioned some things that help with those things, too: Flax seed oil, Evening Primrose, St. John's Wort and a good women's vitamin, and Melotonin (sp?)to sleep at night.

Before I started taking these things, I was Momzilla, Wifezilla (which is probably one reason my husband tossed me out) and Daughterzilla and I sweated like a lawn sprinkler. Now, I only have occasional hot flashes and rare flashes of Zilla the Middle Aged Monster.

I do hope the info will help!

Corry said...

hehe, if not for someone else, then the info sure helps here. I will keep it in mind. Thanks girls:-)

God's Grace.