perpetual starter

Sometimes I think I am God's starter. He is constantly putting me in places where I am allowed to start so many good things, then He takes me out of that situation seemingly for no reason.

I lost my job on Friday. No reason given except they said they wanted the Chamber to go in a different direction. Let's see... The Chamber has more money in the bank that it had ever had before, it has more members than it ever had before. We had 6 new members within the first two weeks of the year... and they want the Chamber to go in a different direction. I hate to think which direction they want it to go.

Ah well, God will bless me in a different way, I have no doubt. He never takes away something without giving something back of much greater value. I've experienced this many times over. He will provide, not because I deserve it, but because He promised it... not because I believe it, but because God keeps His promises.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I am sorry. I pray another door opens soon. Always, in times of defeat, God has plans we never dreamed of. May his blessings be with you today, tomorrow and always...

Giulianna @ Family Blueprint said...

Oh Gina! I am absolutely shocked! My immediate response is panic and "What will you do?" Then I put my eyes back on the Lord and I remember that He is not shocked. He knew this was coming. He already has all the details figured out.

I think whoever made this decision just made one of the worst decisions they could make in their lifetime!

But I will be praying the Lord provides even better for His precious daughter.

I love you Gina! Sending you a huge hug!

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thank you so much Hope... I am so sure you are correct. God is so good all the time and thank goodness we do not have to stay in the valley of the shadow of death... we merely have to walk through it.

Julianne... you are such a precious daughter of our Father and I thank you so much.

I, too, am still in shock. I feel betrayed and rejected. However, being betrayed by mere men is as a puff of wind in the sight of God. It will all blow over and leave no sign of its ever being present.

The Chamber was taking far too much of my energy and time away from God's word. I shall put to good use this time He has given me.

Valerie said...

Gina - I shall keep you in my prayers, too. It's always such a shock to go through this kind of unexpected loss. Love, Val