Can you say "I forgive you"?

When someone hurts you, can you tell if it was intentional or if it was in reaction to something or someone other than you? Do you snap back without even thinking it through? I've done it plenty of times and to my dear sweet mother, too!

Well, when a brother or a sister has a field day with your feelings...

First, pray. Ask God for guidance in how to respond. You know He'll say, forgive. That's a given when dealing within the Body. Don't even think differently because Jesus spoke plainly about that to Peter.

Second, tell your sibling exactly how you feel. Do not let the sun go down on your anger! Be as direct and as explicit as you can, but spread it all over with kindness and don't be mean. You must consider that the hurt should stop with you and not let it keep spreading like cancer. Is that the way the world behaves? Of course not. Is that the way your Father would have you behave? Of course.

Third, when an apology comes forth, it does not matter how it comes, accept it graciously and then let the thing go!

Holding grudges only makes you miserable and completely spoils your peace and totally destroys the beautiful relationship with Father. It is so self-absorbed and self-directed.

Rejoice in having your sibling restored to you! Listen... you will spend eternity with this sibling so you might as well learn how to get along while still here on earth. Amen? Come on and say AMEN!

How has forgiving someone transformed your life? 

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen!!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Ouch, this all speaks to me too. As you know somebody has been getting on my last nerve too...not the same as you, but nonetheless I keep reminding myself that she is my sister and I need to love her as such.

I love you sis, Julianne