CASA in Jackson County



In class last night, I found out that all this training and all this material I've been teaching is not just words on paper or images on PowerPoint. We invited CASA from Jackson County to come visit and talk to us about real life as a CASA volunteer.


They told us about real world cases, real incidents, and real problems they have faced and how they've adapted and overcome. No time or space to go into that right now, but each one gave God all the glory. Now how can anyone or any program go wrong when that happens?


What a sweet, persistent, powerful, wonderful group of people. Frances is the director and she is on the ball when it comes to utilizing voluteers' skills where they'll do the most good. It is amazing how much they've done in such a short amount of time. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm only one person and I can only do what I can do... it's up to God to do the rest.

Maybe I should think about letting God go first, eh? Let Him do all the hard stuff and I follow with a tuck here and a nip there.


Well, I'm off to read another manual. It is astounding how much studying I must do, thank goodness I love to learn and God has given me a talent for reading/retention. Otherwise, I'd be drowning.


No comments: