Blast from the past

I was up to my elbows in alligators... uh, computer guy was working on our computers at work and I get a phone call from the Tensas Gazette. Miss Caroline was telling me that I had gotten a fax that looked really important from Mike McQuiston. She gave me his phone number and then we chatted for a few moments.

It brought back such wonderful memories of friends... working conditions were horrible, but friends were wonderful!

Anyway, I dialed up Mike and we set a date to talk tonight. It is absolutely marvelous to catch up with the goings on of old friends. It is amazing how you can go separate ways and then settle back into a friendship that has such comfortable grooves... I said, grooves, not ruts.

We'll be keeping in touch. He has a grandchild... I am so jealous. Maybe one day, God willing, I'll have a grandchild to brag about. Wouldn't that be nice. AMEN.

4 comments:

EXSENO said...

Good for you Gina. It's a good thing to keep in touch with old friends. Something that I am very bad at. I need to practice that.
A lot.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Yes, I haven't done so well with keeping up with old friends. I get so caught up in day to day that I forget what's really important!

Giulianna @ Family Blueprint said...

Hey Gina: The way the two youngest are behaving today, they could be sent to you on loan...just so you could be blessed with little ones scurrying around your feet, bouncing off your walls, and making sure you have thought of every single thing a child could possibly get into or destroy. What do you think??? ;-) Love you sis!

Refreshment in Refuge said...

I do believe I would LOVE it! I love you, too, sis!