My new book...

I have the final galley proofs of my new book Refreshment in Refuge, published by Westbow Press.

It is exciting to know that God will be touching lives through this book.

I visited Michael Hyatt's blog this morning and his post about Temptations has been something I've been praying about for a long time. It isn't that I think since my book is published that I'm some kind of female Elvis or the like. Fame scares me.

It scares me because of what it has done to so many people. Then I recall what Jim Roan said in one of his motivational speeches. "Fame and fortune only bring out what's already in the soul to begin with. It magnifies generosity or stinginess." I also remember the illustration of one of my favorite authors shared with me, that the only thing separating us from the garbage is the garbage can lid. Amazing how that brings one down to earth rather quickly.


No comments: