Do the right thing or is politically correct, correct?

Miss USA pageant contestant Carrie Prejean, who was first runner-up by the way, looked Perez Hilton in the eye and told him her Christian beliefs: Same sex marriage is not biblical.

Perez Hilton, who is an avid homosexual, was a judge of the pageant and he went ballistic on his blog about her answer. I'm not posting a link because I don't want my blog to show up on his counter (that is being very snobbish, for sure).

I am appalled that a 21 year old young lady who had high moral standards and ethics is lambasted for telling the truth. The Bible most certainly admonishes that homosexuality is verboten. God does not condone it, and He makes no excuses about it being an abomination.

Perez did not rail against Carrie Prejean, a sweet little California blonde from San Diego, he railed against God and God's lifestyle standards.

She believes she lost the pageant because she expounded on Biblical principles. I think she is probably correct.

2 comments:

Giulianna @ Family Blueprint said...

I know it is not the same things as winning Miss America, but I certainly hope the America who believes in freedom of speech and the Americans who also believe homosexuality is a sin, will all rally together to give this young lady the warm support she has earned in our respect for speaking up!

Refreshment in Refuge said...

I'm with you girlfriend! I pray that our freedom remains so.