Hate crime legislation is in the news, Demorats lie

People all over the net are talking about the legislation that Congress will be voting on next week--Hate Crime Bill.

Andrea Lafferty of Traditional Values Coalition caught the Democrats (yes, I know I spelled it wrong in the title) lied for the reason the bill was written and has been pushed relentlessly forward through the process. She says that they say homosexuals, transgenders, drag queens and such have been persecuted across state lines, that they have had to move because of the persecution. When in actuality, there have been 1521 hate cases in a country with a population of 300 million. Let's see, that is 5 millionths of a percent. You have better odds winning the lottery.

The Dems also allegate that homosexuals and the like have trouble getting jobs, making purchases. I'm thinking that they should just keep their sexual preferences behind the bedroom doors instead of broadcasting what they do behind bedroom doors.

I am sick and tired of these people bleating their cause and saying that it is normal. It is not. What's more, in the article at the link above, there seems to be growing concern about the very untolerant stance of homosexuals against the ex-homosexuals. What gives with that? They spount platitudes of tolerance, yet do an exact turnabout when it comes to their converted brothers and sisters. Why?

I'm thinking it is because these people have a solid agenda and when something, anything happens to upset that agenda, or tends to refute the agenda they feel obligated to do whatever is necessary to squash the opposing facts/team/God.

I don't even know if it is possible to turn the tide back. There are too many people who hold powerful positions who have been deceived by the Accuser.

This concludes my rant for the day... I think.

4 comments:

Giulianna @ Family Blueprint said...

Rant on dear sister, rant on!!! I fully concur with your post! Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I did not know it was up for a vote this soon. I get so behind trying to just keep up with my children and their education.

Stan said...

Thanks, Julianne. Exactly what I wanted to tell Gina. "Rant on, dear sister, rant on!"

Christians in America have complained for too long that we're being persecuted for our beliefs when, truth be told, we're really not. Well ... be prepared for that to change. We're on the hairy edge of having Christianity being declared a hate crime.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Julianne, look at adorable little Stan!

I managed to keep it to one rant yesterday, maybe that will last me.

I am deeply concerned about the apparent apathy of Christians. We rallied around a man of faith in 2000 which was supposed to be a message that we wanted high moral values back in government. Now, we've slipped back into that silence which allowed Margaret Whatshername get prayer legislated out of school... and the ACLU is doing their best to wrap chains of silence around Christianity. Ah, well... here I go again.

Unknown said...

As Janet Parshall says "A Crime Is A Crime Is A Crime". If we start distinguishing crimes, someone who gives out gospel tracts to a Muslim can be prosecuted harsher than a man who rapes a woman, or kills her. This should not be.