Slavery is freedom

Yesterday my SS teacher dropped in for a chat at work. She's so precious and I just love her. She came right to the point.

"Gina, I've been praying and praying and struggling with this. Would you take over teaching our class?"

At first I was deeply concerned that it was because the doctors found something more seriously wrong with her husband (he had surgery on his leg today). But, that wasn't it. She had been teaching for more than 10 years and since we've been team teaching that class, she was wondering how it would be if she was on the other side of the table. She told me she was very comfortable with it and with me teaching. Of course I set her mind at rest and said I would love to teach the class. I made sure that she wasn't going anywhere. I need her to teach at times I won't be able to be there because of work or to take Mom where she needs to go.

It is so humbling how God wraps up His gifts of blessings to His children in such wonderfully, beautiful packages. How He gives us honor when we least expect it and how He gives us praise at that time when we need encouragement the most. He is so GOOD.

I was writing about how freeing it is to be a slave to Christ. We don't have to worry about a single thing! Our food, clothes and home are provided as long as we obey and give reverent respect to Him our Master and Lord and Owner. What simple requirements but how hard they are to actually do.

However, it is true. I would rather be a slave to Him than to be a monarch of a vast land. I would rather have Jesus than anything this world could ever provide. AMEN.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen!

"I'd rather have Jesus than anything this world affords today!"

I was just listening (ok, I'll admit, I was singing along) to this very song this afternoon. And it rings true every time!

Now, I'm wondering how I could attend your class with all the miles between us... I guess I'll just remain content with what blessings I get from what you so generously share! God bless you!

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Rhonda, you are such a sweetie! I would love to sit down and drink coffee and chat over some hmmm home made bread and butter with cinnamon. Oh, man, I was doing so well on my new extreme make over lifestyle and I've made myself hungery! But... cyber bread has no calories!

Unknown said...

Oh yum! Sounds GREAT! I'd send you a cyber cuppa and a bite but I don't think this will allow the graphics!

Grace, peace, and love to you, Gina!