Expelled No Intelligence Allowed

I am anxious to see this documentary that has caused such a stir. You would think that the atheists had come face to face with God the way everyone has been spitting about this movie with Ben Stein. I really like that man.

I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes which seems like a pretty cool site which aggragates thousands of movie reviews. Expelled is rated a 9% rotten tomato.

I also got an email from AFR in my inbox about it.

Have you heard of it, yet?

Answers in Genesis execs had an opportunity to see the film before it hit 1,000 U.S. movie screens on April 18. Their review said some really good things about it. I think I'd rather believe a Christian than an unbeliever.

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed has become controversial not only
because it exposes those academicians who persecute people who have a belief in
the appearance of “design” in nature, but also because the film is already
generating a negative reaction (including from some of the film’s subjects who
come off in a highly unflattering way, including famed atheist-scientist Richard
Dawkins).

I'm thinking it just might be a very worthy view.

5 comments:

Stan said...

I've seen it. I liked it. There are "propaganda portions" which are likely unnecessary, but it is overall a good film.

One observation. Those who are opposed to the premise of God or Intelligent Design will see the film as an argument for it. Those who are Creationists or Intelligent Design advocates will see the film as an argument for it. Me? I didn't see any such argument. It looked to me like it was simply a call to discuss. It said, in essence, "There are reasons to ask questions. Can't we?"

(My review will be out tomorrow on my blog.)

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Oh, I will be right over to read your review. You have a special knack for seeing things from a broad perspective... except maybe the Reformed Theology LOL

Unknown said...

You know, I'm intrigued by the movie. I understand that Ben Stein is not a Christian but Jewish. That makes little impact until you hear old earth folks say that the Jews believe in an old earth ~ which makes little impact until you hear young earth folks say that old earth folks believe in evolution (macro)... which then lends to the idea that the reason the atheists (who believe in evolution) are 'up in arms' about this is because Ben Stein is promoting a young earth creationist point of view. Wow... that was a mouthful, huh?

I admire Ben Stein's courage of his convictions... he seems so totally unmoved by the external pressures - doesn't he? Like he lives in a parallel plane or something...

I look foward to your reviews!

Anonymous said...

just saw Expelled... Ben Stein's goal in making Expelled (i gather) is to promote free thought, especially more thinking about motivations that drive American academia and a lot of other behind-the-scenes worldview that we tend to take for granted.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

BB, as usual you add a special insight :) Thank you for that!

Patrick, thank you for stopping by! You have the same perspective as Stan. Did you read his review?