Surfing

I was surfing the net... something I don't get to do very often. Do people actually surf the net? I've heard of people surfing TV channels...

I've read mostly very serious concerns tonight everything from the mayor of Detroit's woes to Matthew McConaughey is going to be a daddy to the tragedy of Heath Ledger's early demise to a serious discussion of people's vanity. Being the opinionated person that I am, I was busily expressing my opinions of each of these concerns (not out loud, that would sound crazy) when it suddenly struck me that the tragedies of humankind are common to man.

And then I surfed through Michael Synder's blog and I found something unique that put everything into perspective for me. But I'll let Thursday's Guest explain it to you.

I'll be reviewing Michael's new book My Name Is Russell Fink in February. I got a sneak peek at it back in 2006 or was it 2005 when he wrote a very strange, but quite halarious short story.

His book is that story. I can hardly wait to dive into it. It's things like this that put the world into perspective. What is crucially critical to one person may be just a brief sojourn to another. What may be heartbreaking for some, may be juicy gossip to another. What may be a deep study of how we look to each other and to God, may just be an enjoyable read to another. We are all different and yet the same.

5 comments:

michael snyder said...

Well now how cool is that? I stopped in to see what was new here (I've been a very lame blog person for a very long time...) and here you are mentioning my new book.

So...hello, then thank you, then have an awesome Sunday!

Mike

Anonymous said...

Gina,









Regards,
Troy

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Michael,
Thank you for stopping by. I quite forgive you because I know you've been really busy!! I'll email an update on how things have been for me...

Troy... your post is so clearly stated. I can see through to the truth of it. Thank you for explaining the bare facts so succinctly. :D

EXSENO said...

Hi Gina,
Just checking on you. Hope 2008 brings you much happiness.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina, I'm offering "One Smooth Stone" by Marcia Laycock to anyone who will review it on their blog free of charge. It had been previously set to run in the CFBA, but due to differences in publisher laws in Canada, it had to be canceled. I have about 100 copies to give, so if you're interested, e-mail me at brandihroberts@gmail.com