Is that One for the Chipper?

I'm feeling just better enough to be a bit crabby. The fact that Christmas was good enough as Christmas for our founding fathers and that without Jesus there wouldn't have even been a reason to come to the Americas makes what is happening now worse than a shame.

Our laws are based on Biblical principles. Our ethics are based on Christian ethical standards. Our country was based on a Christian foundation. Yet, we still have a small percentage of people that want to rule our world by insisting on a "Holiday Tree" instead of a Christmas Tree.

Give me a break.

We have a malestorm brewing and it seems to be the Christians are not in the center of the arena helpless before the lions. Falwell on one side is "going to suebanyone who spreads what they see as misinformation about Christmas celebrations in public spaces." What kinds of Christian attitude is that? On the other side we have the pagans who are offended by any mention of Christ or Christmas. They reject Jesus but can't find anything to worship that comes even close to our Lord. Then we have Gov. Arnold who last year "blessed" holiday trees, but this "year lit what he called a Christmas Tree", so stated the news article. The newspaper couldn't call it a Christmas Tree outright. Are we standing firm or are we being blown away in the wind?

Over 50 million websites use the term Christmas Tree and only about 1.6 million use the term Holiday Tree. Is it a trend that just isn't taking hold? I sure hope so. Anyone over the age of 20 has heard, and called it a Christmas Tree for over 20 years so that's a habit that will be hard to break. If it takes 30 days to break a habit then that means it just might take 30 years to break the Christmas habit. We can only hope and pray.

It is Christmas Season; it is Christmas break, Christmas holidays, Christmas vacation, Christmas present, Christmas decorations, Christmas wreath, Christmas cards. Christmas is about Christ! Without Christ there is no Hope, or Faith and certainly, no Love. It is plain as a pikestaff, the Federal Government lets Federal employees off for the Christmas holiday so if the Federal Gov't recognizes Christmas, how can we do anything else? Christmas Holiday. Now that is a term I really like, especially since holiday is a shortened term for Holy Day so Christmas Holy Day is perfectly GREAT for me! How about you?

5 comments:

Corry said...

I remember something about freedom of speech??? I grew up with and love the CHRISTMAS season.

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

We have been a post-Christian socity for years. This attempt to sperate "Christ" from Christmas is another indication that the secularist what to American Christians to keep "Christ" to themselves and not speak of our faith in the public arena. But like Scrooge's nephew said to his uncles harh rebuke about wishing him "Merry Christmas."

"There are many things from which I mught have derived good by which I have not profited, I dare say, Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmastime, when it has come around - apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belong to it can be apart from that - as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasent time; the only time I know of, in the long calandar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore...it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, "God bless it!"

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Amen, Corry and Jerry. God bless us everyone!

Bryan said...

I believe it is just another sign of the times. The spirit of antichrist seems to be growing stronger in our nation and around the world. How else can we explain the anti-Christmas bias' that is becoming so prevalent? I know the scripture says that the gates of Hell will not prevail, and I believe that with all of my heart, but my thinking is that this kind of thing has to begin happening in order for the Biblical prophecies to be fulfilled.

Though I'm not Catholic, I work at a Catholic hospital in Tulsa. A supervisor friend of mine decided he was going to throw a Christmas party for the other salaried people in his office, including his superiors. Not long after he invited everyone, he received a call from one of his superiors asking him to drop the name Christmas from his party invitations in favor of Holiday party. My friend, being the good Catholic that he is, and not one to be bullied anyway, refused. No one came to his party. And to think these people were even employed at a Catholic hospital, and would not have gotten into any kind of trouble with the hospital administration had they chosen to attend a Christmas party. To my way of thinking, those people who refused to come were--without being aware of it--directly influenced by the spirit of antichrist.

No, I'm not saying we shouldn't resist. Heavens no. I'm just not surprised that it is happening, given the lateness of the hour in which we live.

Have a blessed day.

Anonymous said...

they could call it whatever, it's still CHRISTMAS tree for me. and i love the CHRISTMAS season. c",)