Deadline USA

I saw this movie tonight. It stars include Humphrey Bogart and Ethel Barrymore. Now that is a stunning combination. Newspaper managing editor saves the paper, catches a mobster, and saves his marriage all in a three day period. Superman had nothing on this guy.

But, this reminded me so poignantly why I was so intensely interested in journalism, and writing, and the kind of photography that told stories with one shot. I've been kicking around stories in my head but not doing anything with them. What a waste of a story. But, I'm thinking that is God telling me, "Gina, I gave you a talent for truth-telling, not fiction-telling." Sigh...

Then I remember all those stories I wrote depicting all the facets of the Fruit of the Spirit. They were parables. What an amazing God we have Who tells us things, and then sits back while we try to figure out what He is saying. Listen... do you hear Him chuckling? I'm sitting on His lap and I'm bouncing. So that's why they say that laughing is like jogging on the inside...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good blog
God bless you
have a great 2010

Anonymous said...

I hear him!

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thank you!!! I so much appreciate you stopping by :)
gb