Can I get a Witness???

Would you believe I'm still working on meekness??? In fact, I haven't even started writing it. I think that God is making me study this so deeply is because He knows I need it. Pride is a stumbling block and something that God hates. I am truly enjoying my journey with Him in this study. Maybe, one day, I'll share it.

For now... Please go to my friend Stan's place, Birds of the Air, and read a most excellent illustration that he's written called, Hall of Faith Revival Meeting.

4 comments:

David Meigs said...

Like anything else, I believe God’s definition of meekness differs from our own. I have come to see meekness in a whole new light. It has to do with human -vs- divine POV.

Meekness is more than the antithesis of domineering, because it can be just as proactive. Jesus was meek, yet he drove out the moneychangers and called religious rulers on the carpet for their hypocrisy.

Most of US would assess the sum of a meek person as a “laid back” personality. But a meek person is not about “themselves” at all, they are about elevating the needs of others. They are not laid back, but patient. They are not timid, but ferocious in representing God’s perspective in place of their own. The meek person is one who is beyond their own self-centered POV, they are about God’s POV.

Make sense?

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Yes, David! It really does... you are the second... no, third person to tell me that it is a Verticle perspective rather than a horizontal one.

This helps a great deal!

Corry said...

I need to do an intensive study on meekness. Pride causes me to stumble all the time, sigh.

God's Grace.

Nappily Evah Aftah said...

I need God to extend His grace to me, everyday. So I can't afford for God to "resist" me (because of pride), ya' know?