Believe it or not... persecution is here

I never really thought that Christians would persecute fellow brothers or sisters. I never thought it would come to that, yet Jesus said it would. How could I doubt it? We live in such a safe world here in America. We have such things a laws and decency.

Beware my friends. Who needs enemies with Christians acting so worldly they can't discern fact from fiction and have no problem making up stories to defame the character of a sister in Christ. Makes me question if they really are Christian.

Oh... yes... there is something in the Bible about that, too. They must be that kind of Christian that can be deceived, and whose love has grown cold, yet heats their passion artificially.

When I am attacked and betrayed by so-called friends, when the good work I am doing is stymied by persons greedy for power and who lie outright and who twist words with innuendos as well as implications, then I know that Satan is angry with what I am doing. Then I know that God has allowed Satan plenty of room to destroy one thing precisely so another, even better thing will sprout, grow and blossom into something that will bring Him glory. As soon as Satan has tainted a thing that was meant for good, God will allow its destruction for He has no pleasure in false glory.

Christians beware. The wolves are howling and circling. They are dressed as sheep. They spout platitudes and sing of wonderful things that sound so pure, yet are draped in wickedness. Beware of who you trust. Beware of the pack, because these kinds of wolves travel in packs bolstering each other's courage to entertain dastardly thoughts and then to put the thoughts into action.

Beware for Satan knows his time is short. His anger burns brighter each day. If you think it can't happen to me... look over your shoulder for if you are close to the will of God, the Devil is plotting your failure. Nevertheless... He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world.

I never thought I could lose my job for my religious convictions, but I have. Not once, but twice. I quit two other jobs because of my religious convictions, but lately it seems that if a Christian is vocal about his/her beliefs then we can lose our jobs and nothing can be done about it.

3 comments:

EXSENO said...

Gina,
I am so sorry that you have lost two jobs. What kind of jobs were they. I guess it doesn't really matter what kind they were.

Unforunately I heard on the news just last week that a man that worked for one of those big stores like 'Home Depot' got in trouble for wearing a little pin that had something like 'Jesus Loves You' engraved on it.
The stores response to it was that it was not a part of their required uniform.

I thought it was very cruel of them at the time. And I do think it is terrible that you have lost two jobs because of of your beliefs.

The only reasoning that I can think of as to why most work places are banning people from conveying their beliefs in the work place is that perhaps they feel like people might start argueing about their different beliefs therefore causing conflicts at work. And of course not getting there work done.

In truth I don't know what their reasoning is, I'm just guessing. Hoping for something half way lodgical will fall out of my mouth.

In any case I'm sorry to say that all factories and places of business seem to be taking the same stand on the subject mow which seems to be 'The workplace is for work not for religion.
Sad but true.
So it seems that if a person wants a job their beliefs must be left outside once they walk in door.
(But they can't keep it out of our hearts can they)

Personally I don't try to talk about my religion with other people, but if I didn't have one I never could have made it though this lifetime feeling the presents of God and knowing that I have jesus in my life have gotten me through some really hard times. I pray in my home every day. I talk to Jesus all the time and I know he listens even when no one else will.

Stay strong Gina my prayers go with you. Hope you find another job soon.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

You are really precious! Thank you so much for the encouragement. The truly strange thing is, while training all the advocates, I tried very hard not to let any of my personal convictions interfere with the training. Regardless of the fact that every single advocate trainee in my class were professing Christians and used that as part of the reason they desired to advocate for children. Ah well, Satan is alive and well on planet earth!

I'm so glad to hear your testimony! That encouraged me greatly. I know that God has a unique plan for me. I've decided to get my Master's in English and hopefully, I'll be able to teach college. I've got those skills and I enjoy it a great deal. Thank you for your prayers! Love and hugs :)

EXSENO said...

Good for you Gina, I really hope you do. You sure have more ambition then I do. lol