Eternity


We just cannot grasp the concept of eternity... or infinity for that matter. Our finite minds just have no concept of it because we have a beginning and we know our physical bodies will have an end. After all, we all know someone who has died.

I cannot fathom the sheer giant-ness of God.

Psa 95:4 The deep places of the earth are in His hand; the summits of the mountains also are His.

I cannot fathom the never beginning of God.


Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth;

I cannot fathom the never ending of God.


Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah forever.

And yet, I have this understanding of the things that are eternal in my soul.

Ecc 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, He has set eternity in their heart, without which man cannot find out the work that God makes from the beginning even to the end.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love that verse from Ecc. "He has set eternity in their hearts..." Thanks for sharing.