What's my job in the Kingdom?


We get so caught up in our everyday lives that we forget how important it is to ask that question: Do you know Jesus?


I try to live my life so that anyone I meet knows they have met Jesus through me.

Several years ago, someone paid me the highest compliment I have every gotten in my entire life. She came into my office and said, "Gina, I notice that woman up front keep talking about knowing Jesus, but she has never acted like Jesus. You, on the other hand don't talk about Him constantly, but you act like Him every day. I want what you have."


That makes tears come to my eyes. I would that I could have [i]more[/i] compliments like that, but sadly, I only have one.

We do have different gifts.
Some of us are put here specifically to encourage and edify the Body of Christ...
Some of us to reach out and draw in the lost...
Some to disciple...
Some to serve the needs and assuage the hurts and visit the sick...
Some just share the love of God with everyone they meet...

While we all have different gifts in abundance, we all have each gift in portions so that we can do God's work in any situation. Rescue the perishing, care for the dying, edify and disciple the saved, pray for the weary and the energized alike. It is God's work and we are happiest when we are busy at the very task God prepared for us from the foundation of the world.


No comments: