Amazing what fog exposes


I took this photograph a long time ago just before Thanksgiving after praying for God to please give me a delight to print in my newspaper as a holiday special. This would have been a beautiful photo on a crystal clear morning or noon, but not nearly as interesting as on this foggy morning.

I've looked at the photo everyday, through three computer changes and I still find things I haven't noticed before. Such as today, I noticed a second house on the hill. Why had I never noticed that before?

The trouble we humans have is we see the fog of daily living without bothering to look through the fog. We see the abrupt sales clerk and take offense without thinking she may have had some really bad news. We take the honking horn behind us as an affront without thinking that person may be in an emergency.

Of course, the clerk may just be in a bad mood or be that way all the time. The honking horn may be an indication that that person in traffic behind is just blowing impatience all over those around him. But, what if...

6 comments:

Jessica M said...

I loved this post because it rings with truth. It is so true that sometimes we find ourselves so absorbed in ourselves in the moment that everyone else around us that causes us to slow down, or intrudes upon our thoughts, is oftentimes seen as a frustration or a nuisance when really, everyone has a story to tell. We really don't know the circumstances of those around us so should look with attentiveness and compassion, knowing that everybody has a bad day, everybody has worries and anxieties..we aren't the only ones!...If everyone just slowed down a bit and noticed the people around them with a little more consideration and compassion...the world would be a lot different.

Great reminder.

Blessings,
Jessica
www.ascendingthehills.blogspot.com

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thank you, Jessica! I agree wholeheartedly ;>

Dakota said...

Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing, and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: wwwnocondemnation81.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Dakota

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thank you Dakota! I will check out your blog ;>

Valerie said...

I am so glad I found you again! It has been much too long! I am going to try to start blogging again on a more routine basis - I have so much to say, but just haven't been able to say it over the past year or so. Bless you and I look forward to renewing our friendship! BTW - Are you on Facebook?

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

Thank you for this.

You gave cause to ponder here indeed.