The names of God

I have a list of God's names hanging on the wall; my sister gave it to me several years ago. I hunted down a more comprehensive list and this is what I found...

EL, Elohim, El Shaddah, Adonai, Jehovah-The LORD, Jehovah-Jireh- The LORD provides, Jehovah-Rophe=The LORD heals, Jehovah-Nissi=The LORD our banner, Jehovah-M'Kaddesh=The LORD Who sanctifies, Jehovah-Shalom=The LORD our peace, Shepherd, Judge, Jehovah Elohim=LORD God, Jehovah-Tsidkenu=The LORD our righteousness, Jehovah-Rohi=The LORD our Shepherd, Jehovah-Shammah=The LORD is there, Jehovah-Sabaoth=The LORD of Hosts, El Elyon=Most High, Abhir=Mighty One, Branch, Kadosh=Holy One, Shaphat=judge, El Roi=God of Seeing, Kanna=Jealous, Palet=Deliverer, Yeshua=Savior, Gaol=Redeemer, Magen=Shield, Stone, Eyaluth=Strength, Tsaddiq=Righteous One, El-Olam=Everlasting God, El Berith=God of the Covenant, El-Gibhor=Mighty God, Zur=God our Rock, Sun of Righteousness, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Ancient of Days, Melekh=King, Angel of the Lord, Father, Alpha Omega, The First and the Last, I AM, Word, Almighty, Jesus, Christ, Sophia=Wisdom of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit...
This list was compiled by Lambert Dolphin
The names of God are so powerful and bring a surge of assurance. Am I in turmoil? Jehovah Shalom will settle my spirit. Am I sick at heart or body? Jehovah Rophe will heal me. Do I need guidance down life's path? I must only follow the Shepherd's voice. Overwhelmed by attacks of the Enemy? El Elyon Abhir, the Most High Mighty One will fight the battle holding up the Shield to protect me, for the war has already been won. Sweating in the heat of battle? The Branch will shade and Jehovah Jireh will provide all I need. Sophi is ours for the asking says James. Lest we forget, Jehovah Sabaoth-The LORD of Hosts will certainly be sitting on the Great White Throne on that terrible day of judgement. But, never fear, ElOlam, our Everlasting God will spread His mighty wings, mounting us up and we shall reign forever with Christ our LORD.

5 comments:

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

Great idea to post the names of GOD. Some months ago, I did a listing of GOD's names... I learned of some new ones on your blog today. Thank you for sharing. I considered posting some of the names that I found that are not on your post but it is rather lengthy so I will post them on my blog...please visit and read them. Thank you, Gina.

Also, the Lord led me to your blog today to ask that you visit my blog and comment on two topic areas. Please go to www.lioneaglesoar.blogspot.com and view the center area where there are "tabs." Tab topic "FAMILY FORT" has a piece titled, "MARRIED TO UNBELIEVERS." I have some further info to post on that matter later but I ask that you please post a comment on that. Also, please go to tab topic, "TO EVERY THING THERE IS A SEASON," and let me know what you think about the wording. Do you believe that some of it is too harsh?

Thank you, Gina, for your consideration and indulgence.

Mary Sayler said...

Gina, thanks for this posting. Prior to a move, I had that poster too, so I appreciate your blessed reminder.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

You are so welcome, Mary! Thank you for stopping by :D

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

Thank you for your comment on "DEATH OF TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS."
I appreciate your viewpoints about that issue.

Please forgive if this is asking too much but I had requested your help/comment under the subject tab
topic,"MARRIED TO UNBELIEVERS." I have deep concerns for people in such positions. I plan to post more about it but have requestd your input on the tab topic, please.

Thank you ,Gina, for your consideration.

lioneagle said...

Hi Gina -

Thank you for your comments and advice.

Ref: Your comment about placing the comments after the posts for better following. Before I read your comment, I was in the process of doing it in the way that I believe that you suggested. I commented about that after your comment on my blog.

I believe I did what you advised.
Please go to tab title "EXCEL IN SERVICE" and scroll down to notice the comments AFTER the post. Is that what you mean?

Note: Going forward, I will do it the modified way but I'm not inclined to go back and change ones that are already done---it is labor intensive...however, if the Lord leads...

Again, thank you