Obama on the View...

I can't believe this. We've got all kinds of problems with global impact and our President wants to sit down and have a gabfest with some of the most liberal ladies of our time. I know where it's coming from, he's lost considerable favor amongst his own and now he's trying to gain back some ground. It seems that he really does want a second go-round as President so he's trying to reach the far left and has chosen his venue:  The View. I'm appalled.

Mr. President, please take care of business and leave the gabfesting to those who don't have better things to do.

But, guess what, that particular show (aired on Thursday this week) will probably have bigger ratings than any other show The View has aired. The President is news no matter what he does or where he goes.

2 comments:

Stan said...

"...some of the most liberal ladies of our time."

Now, don't forget, they also have Elisabeth Hasselbeck, a fairly well-known conservative who holds her own on the show (I'm told), and Sherri Shepherd, a self-professed evangelical Christian. So, I'm not too appalled that the President will be talking to some liberals (and slightly more moderate Whoopi Goldberg) and some conservatives. I'm disappointed that "image" is more important than doing the job and taking time out to "gab with the folks" is getting in the way of other, higher priority issues. I suppose the idea is that if he can be perceived as doing something, then we'll like him better ... and that's what's most important.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

I see that tongue in cheek and raise you... :)

Yes, I really like Elisabeth. She has done a fairly good job holding her own for the Conservative side... or so I read at times. I've never liked that show since its inception.

I did not know about Sherri Shepherd. Thank you for pointing her out!

Still, it is sad that the Pres doesn't have his priorities in a proper row, of course that is my opinion. I'm not president, so who am I to say? Except my taxes do pay his salary...